~Hear me out~

Prom night. Only two days have passed by, and I still can't get rid of this pain.

It's settled a little bit, indicating that it's here to stay. My mom has been trying to scrape the details out of me, but I won't tell her anything. Good thing I had Riley to communicate through, since explaining the events of that night aloud might just kill me.

Of course, they can't know that I found Jaxon afterwards. That we argued. That the conversation crushed me and put me in the state I'm in. Or that I even care about him at all.

Riley had found me on the sidewalk, too upset to speak, and somehow managed to drag me back to the limo and get me home safe. That part of the night is kind of foggy. Since then, I refuse to tell anyone anything about the exchange between Jaxon and I. For the past two days, I've been hiding out in my room, barely eating and overloading on sleep. I'm hoping today, I'll be able to get out of bed at least, but I make no promises.

"Riley's here," My mom called from outside the door.

"Send her in," I shouted back, sounding like I was trapped in a jail cell or something and requesting family visitation time. Riley entered my bedroom and softly shut the door behind her, wearing a sad smile. She sighed, sitting on the edge of my bed. I rose from my tomb, looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"So... you ready to tell me what happened yet?" She asked. I laughed, aware that such a subtle reaction still sent a sharp pain barreling through my chest.

"Nope."

"Didn't think so," she replied, twirling a strand of her blonde hair around her fingers. I leaned back on my bed, rubbing my eyes.

"I have something I need to tell you," Riley started cautiously. I motioned for her to continue.

"It's about Austen."

"Ugh," I choked, pulling the covers over my head. The thought of him added a springing headache to the mess I'm in. I don't know what to do about Austen. I have no idea what to make of things now, after this turn of events. After prom night, my biggest fear is that it changed me permanently. Outside, I look the same. Well, mostly the same if you overlook my dismal, haggard appearance. But if anyone had the ability to see past the physical layer, they would find out about all the hidden damage. Sadly, I'm all broken inside.

Riley tugged on the covers, "He wants to see you. Says that you guys need to talk. He isn't mad or anything, he just needs some closure." I peeped my head out of the covers, feeling like that was the last thing I wanted to do right now. You can't hold out forever, Bailey. It's the least you can do.

"Okay," I agreed after a while. She smiled, pulling out her phone.

"He'll be here in an hour or so. You might.... want to get ready," She advised me, giggling slightly. I hurled a pillow at her, and she caught it, cracking up and leaving the room to give me some privacy.

The mirror was not kind today. I took a look at my reflection and gagged out loud, taking a brush straight away and ripping it through the tangles. I only brushed the top layer, since the rest was too snarly to cooperate, and tied it back in a ponytail. As for my face, I wiped away the remaining makeup from prom night and called it good. It's an improvement....