trivia and important facts

hi! this isn't an actual chapter, so feel free to skip it, though i highly recommend at least giving it a quick read seeing as it's going to be referenced later on.

First of all, I actually drew Megumi! Since she's my oc first and foremost, before being this fic's protagonist, I thought I'd draw her. That being said, I didn't draw her as a child because I'm quite busy - I apologize about that - so what you're going to see now is actually what she looks like in the main story - from when the Hoshino twins enroll at Yoto High from onwards.

I believe that's enough explanation, so here's Megumi.

(by the way, since this book doesn't have much exposure I trust that it won't happen, but please don't use this for your own OC's or whatever!)

Next 'important' fact is about Megumi's name and the kanji it uses. So, Megumi uses the kanji '愛' on her birth certificate and official papers. It can also be read as 'Ai', which signifies love, affection, and whatnot - and is also the name of the overarching protagonist of Oshi No Ko, Ai Hoshino. This might prove to be useful in future chapters, to avoid confusion. Similarly, '恵' can also be used and read as 'Megumi' ; it means favor, benediction, that whole schtick. I think it's important to provide such context for the understanding of plot points and jokes I might've planned for future chapters.

Finally, I've made a playlist which is what I personally listen to while writing Saccharine chapters. It's not about the story, so it doesn't spoil anything - rather, it's about the vibe. And yes, some songs do have something to do with future plot points, but I don't think it really matters to anyone who doesn't understand japanese.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1MfjVYKHRMZNnxK8wWWAxZ?si=k_1kt0YZSR2bKGXTgyG_6A&utm_source=copy-link

And that's about it for 'trivia and important facts'. I might update this with more context and other things when I see fit or have the time to do so. Until then, please continue to support saccharine 🫶🏾