ISAC 2023

Seonghwa was quite relieved that Seoho had pretty much calmed down after the film promotion watch party at their dorm. He was undoubtedly trying to make up for his grumpy behaviour by being kind and considerate again, not only towards his leader. He helped Xion with his singing, which he was trying to improve for their upcoming concert, and he treated Yunho to a meal so that the boy could part with his phone for some time.

Seonghwa also felt some relief regarding WINGZ's popularity; the tickets for their concert in Seoul had sold out in a few hours, and their fandom seemed quite enthusiastic and more supportive than ever.

To be honest, Seonghwa was hoping to attract even more fans during the Idol Star Athletics Championships which WINGZ had been invited to. He knew it was their one chance to finally get internationally noticed, and establish themselves fully in the industry.

He knew Luci4 had been invited too — of course they had been invited — and he hoped Hongjoong and he could keep it low there. They had been inseparable for the past month; his members even joked about the fact that Hongjoong was the newest addition to WINGZ. At any rate, they seemed to like him, or tolerate him. Even Seoho. He would get over it.

After their manager had sufficiently sermonised them about how important ISAC would be regarding WINGZ' popularity and future, he left them alone in their small booth to prepare for the games. Seonghwa was the first one to be ready and he roamed about the booth, peeking outside from time to time, and Seoho, who was sitting on a stool, fixing his hair, blurted out a small "Don't even think about it".

The leader turned around in shame and mumbled, "I wasn't going to do anything. His booth is too far away, anyway."

Seoho narrowed his eyes. "Look, I don't mind you two when it's in our dorm. But you're not exposing yourselves here, in front of anyone."

"Hyung," Seonghwa whined, as he hated to be patronised. He was the leader, after all. "I know. We'll stay away from each other."

"Why am I under the impression you won't," Seoho muttered, barely audibly.

Yeosang and Yunho had watched them silently, while stretching, but they must have thought along the same lines. They knew Seonghwa and Hongjoong's relationship could endanger them, in spite of the lengths to which Choi Jongho had gone to protect them.

Before any of them could try and change subjects, a member of staff knocked and announced they would be beginning soon, before urging them to the stadium. They were pleased to hear a big part of the crowd cheering as they entered the arena, although it was nothing like the kind of applause Luci4 received a few minutes after them, or that which welcomed Choi Jongho, who came in last.

They could hear the commentators present the groups briefly, and they particularly lingered on the famous solo artist, on his recent coming-out, and how, actually, most of the fans and most of South Korea thought that his was a bold, progressive move that the whole society should have been ready for a long time ago. Seonghwa was very pleased to hear them wish Jongho the best of luck, and a happy life with his boyfriend. The leader of WINGZ closed his eyes for a moment, taking in all those positive comments, and hoping that, one day, the world could say this about his relationship with Hongjoong, that these words could be for them, too.

Probably for viewing rates purposes, Choi Jongho was the first to be called to the first athletic game — Korean wrestling. While WINGZ retreated to the stalls in order to sit and watch, they got a glimpse at the name of the idol's opponent — Kim Leedo from Luci4. They all thought that this would prove very interesting games indeed.

Once both opponents were all changed and ready, they walked up to the wrestling mats. Kim Leedo was looking at Jongho's very neutral and unreadable face, the same he had worn for the past few weeks when Leedo had been lucky enough to meet him at Byeol Entertainment, when driving Hongjoong around to see his boyfriend. He did not know what to think of his new behaviour — of course, Leedo did not miss bold, flirtatious Jongho, but at least back then he had had quite good knowledge of his intentions. Was he not interested anymore?