End- The wisdom to see

May watched as Poppy climbed onto the rooftop.

"Poppy," May said gently. "You deserve so much more than this."

Poppy turned to face May. "Who are you?"

"My name is May. I know how you're feeling right now."

Poppy's eyes filled with tears. "It's just all too much. I can't take it anymore."

May moved closer. "I understand. I was once where you are now."

Poppy glanced over at the edge of the roof. "Will it hurt?"

"Only for a moment," May promised. "Then an eternity of peace."

Poppy inched closer to the edge. May's words were comforting in her darkest hour.

May whispered, "I'll catch you. You won't fall alone."

Poppy took a breath and jumped. But no arms caught her. She fell screaming to the ground.

May's smile turned cruel. "Foolish girl. Your life meant nothing to me."

Poppy gasped out through blood, "You...deceived me."

May vanished again, leaving Poppy to die betrayed and alone.

May's POV:
I wanted Poppy's pain to end, but temptation overwhelmed me. My anger and bitterness took control. I moved to comfort her, then used her weakness to feed my own darkness. I am no different than those who created me.

Poppy's POV:
As I die, I see May's brokenness. Though she hurt me, I sense a light within her. If I can forgive her betrayal, perhaps she will learn compassion. My memory may yet guide her home.

May's POV:
Poppy's forgiveness breaks through my shell. I see now deception breeds only suffering. I must find the light within myself and share it to fill this emptiness. Poppy's life still holds meaning - if only I have the wisdom to see it.

May watched sadly as paramedics took Poppy's body away. The pain of what she had done weighed on her.

"What have I done?" May said aloud, though no one could hear her spirit. "Poppy didn't deserve this."

Images of Poppy's fall replayed in May's mind. Poppy's scream echoed in her ears. The sight of Poppy's broken body lay heavy on May's heart.

May wandered the school halls, invisible to the living. She saw Poppy's friends grieving, oblivious to May's role in Poppy's death. Teachers spoke of Poppy with fondness, unaware of how her final moments were filled with betrayal.

Days passed and Poppy was slowly forgotten. But May could not forget. Poppy's forgiveness haunted May, cutting through her darkness like a ray of light.

"Poppy forgave me," May said to herself. "Even as I deceived her, she saw the light within me."

May revisited the rooftop, seeing it now through Poppy's eyes. She imagined Poppy's hopes and dreams, her struggles and fears. May felt Poppy's desperation that drove her there, and her fragile hope in May's promise.

Guilt and shame filled May. "What I did was wrong," she said. "I could have chosen compassion."

May saw now that deception could never fill the void within her. Only truth - the truth of Poppy's forgiveness, the light she saw even in May's darkness - could set May free.

"I will honor you, Poppy," May vowed. "Your memory will guide me home."