Chapter 1

9:30 A.M
25 August 2019
The City College Of New York

Thirty students were sitting in the small classroom waiting for their professor who was running late on the first day. Quiet chatter filled the small room from those who know each other while the other students were on their phones quietly. Among these students were eighteen year old Perrie and Nineteen year old Leigh-Anne. Perrie turned to speak to Leigh-Anne but as soon as she tapped her the professor walked in.

“Good morning class, I will be your professor for the fall semester of FIQWS. My name is Justin Cole but feel free to call me Justin. We’re all equal here. Before we get started I would like to go around the room and share your name, where you're from and your major. Who wants to go first?”

The teenages looked around the room waiting for someone to volunteer.

“Don't be shy, we're all going to go” Justin said, sitting his bag and cup of coffee down before sitting on the desk.

Everyone turned to face the front of the class when someone began speaking. Things were starting to flow smoothly after that.

“My name is Brenda Mensah, I'm from London and I'm majoring in Music”

“Nice to meet you Brenda. Next!”

“Hello, My name is-” “Im Leigh-Anne”  The two began to introduce themselves at the same time.

“Sorry” They said in unison again.

“Go, you can go” Leigh-Anne told Perrie who nodded with a smile.

“Hello, My name is Perrie Edwards. I'm originally from the U.K as well but I’ve been in the states since I was young.”

“New York or. . . what state??”

“Washington. Seattle, Washington. I'm majoring in Musical Theatre.

“Nice to meet you as well Perrie.Next” He motioned to Leigh-Anne.

“I'm Leigh-Anne. I was also born in the U.K but raised in LA and I'm an Architecture major and acting minor.”

“I'm from Los Angeles too!” Some boy flashed a smile waving at Leigh-Anne. She smiled back at the loser. She was from Los Altos Hills not Los Angeles. One by one the rest of the class introduced themselves.

The rest of the class was spent reviewing the syllabus and other expectations. They were given an assignment and dismissed early.

“I was going to head to the Library and work on the reading if you care to join me.” Leigh-Anne said to Perrie as they walked down the long corridor.

“Sounds good, we just have to find where it is”

Twenty minutes later they found the library, in the NAC building. They walked through the aisles of bookshelves looking for an empty study room but they were all taken by one person or large groups of people when the rooms only held three people.

“They're just sleeping in there.” Perrie pointed in the room. They went up to a quiet floor where they had group study areas. They sat down and got settled. They hit it off and began talking, neither one bothering to open the reading or look at the assignment.

They looked to their left when they heard two students whispering aggressively.

“At least they're quiet” Perrie shrugged.

“What can they possibly be fighting about this early in the day?” Leigh-Anne leaned in trying to hear what they were saying.

“No, you help me understand. I’m being attacked for calling it-”