Chapter 2

4:00 PM
25 August 2019
Leigh-Anne's Condo

Leigh-Anne and Perrie sat on the sofa watching the two go at it once again.

"I'm just saying. How is it fair? Why would someone who benefits from a certain privilege want to become part of an underprivileged community? That's just like a white person wanting to be black. . . No offense, Leigh-Anne."

"None taken" She waved Jesy off with a smile.

"Jade, what do you have to say, that argument was quite strong" Perrie asked, sipping her diet coke.

"I don't know. I'm not a speaker for all trans people. I can't speak for everyone. Some people just feel like they're not. . .I don't know." She took another slice of pizza before sitting her back against the sofa.

"I'm just curious, if body parts are not that important and supposedly don't determine gender, Why are trans people so worried about the bodies that they have or were born in? No offense" Leigh-Anne asked.

"You guys don't have to say no offense after every sentence. We're having a simple discussion trying to understand something, not offend anyone. Just dont be malicious or intentionally try to offend or hurt anyone." Jade said tired of hearing them say 'no offense' after every statement.

"Guys honestly I don't know what's offensive. I was pretty sheltered growing up and didn't live in a culturally diverse environment."

"What are you talking about? L.A has a little bit of everyone."

"I'm not from Los Angeles. I'm from Los Altos."

"Never heard of it" Perrie shrugged while Jesy and Jade shared a look. As if things weren't confirmed by the color of her card and million dollar condo in the middle of Harlem. The name of that city sure did.

"So you're rich?" Jade asked.

"I mean, I'm not rich but my parents are."

"Do you drive?"

"Yeah"

"What do you drive?"

"Don't laugh at me"

The three promised not to laugh and they kept their promise when she told them about her car.

"What do you mean don't laugh at you? You drive a freaking BMW. Ugh. You're annoying. Half of the people here can't even afford public transport fares. Let alone a car and you're talking about being embarrassed about driving a BMW." Jade rolled her eyes. She disliked the wealthy and had a feeling that she wouldn't be too fond of Leigh-Anne.

"Chill out, you hot head. It's not her fault she was born into money the same way you weren't asked to be born into whatever financial situation you were born in" Perrie defended Leigh-Anne, she understood both sides as she's experienced being both lower class and upper middle class.

"I'm not trying to flex or anything. I was just saying my parents buy me cheaper cars because I kept crashing them and that's embarrassing, the fact that I can't drive that well, not that I own an i8."

"That's cheap for them? What are they? Royalty?" Jesy couldn't help but ask.

"Well,No. They're not royalty. Listen, I don't want to be the only one here oversharing about my life when we just met a few hours ago."

"We can all overshare and cry about our trauma and then become best friends. How does that sound?"Perrie asked and Leigh-Anne nodded excitedly. She knew there was a reason that she liked Perrie.

"So you'll go next?" Jesy asked and Perrie nodded.

"I'll go last" Jade didnt know how comfortable she felt sharing with them so she decided to go last to determine if she wanted to be honest with them.