Moving?: Chapter 33

hellos😋

3...
—————————

July 2023

*Casey's POV*

"No, I don't like that one." Billie dismisses. We're currently at my apartment looking for a place we like. We decided to move in together. Finally.

Right now we're just scrolling through, seeing what we like. Billie said no carpet whatsoever. Which is understandable so I don't care. As long as I'm with them.

Zaidee rests her head on my left shoulder as she strokes my arm with her fingers. She hasn't said much. She's just listening and observing. I kiss her head as we discuss more options.

We actually have a few hours before we go see a house. It's close to our families and I personally think it might be the one. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms. Sounds like a forever home to me.

But we'll see.

-

"Ok, so this house was built in the late 2010's. There's no carpet, it has high ceilings, the layout is my favorite to be honest." The real estate agent, Jade, walks us through the main details of the house. I kinda stopped listening to her as she kept explaining.

Billie asked a few questions as we walked around looking at everything. Natalia ran around excitedly. "This is my room, mama." She claimed, running into the room down the hall.

I slightly shook my head with a laugh. That's the main room. Definitely not hers. "Wait, no!" She ran out passing me and going into another one. "I like this one more." She beamed.

"Alright, I think that's everything." Jade stopped in the middle of the hall smiling at all of us. Zaidee came over and took my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers.

"What do we think?" She quizzed. I looked at Bil and Zaidee trying to see where they're at. They both gave me the same look. I returned it with a nod. This might be it.

-

We returned to my apartment. Jenna is here. "So guess what?" Billie directed her question at Jenna as she sat beside her on the big couch. "What?"

"I think we found a place." Bil smiled proudly glancing at Zaidee and I, across from them. "Really? Please tell me it's closer. I love you guys but the driving makes me go a little crazy." We lightly laugh at her comment.

"I'm sure it'll make your life so much easier." I said rolling my eyes. "Thank you." She grinned, ignoring my tone. "I'm happy for you guys though." Jenna spoke sincerely.

"We still have to go over things and stuff but I think we found it." Billie smiled at my words. "Yeah, I'm glad we didn't have to look for too long. Just a few weeks."

"You knew what you wanted. That's always good." Jenna stood up and went to my kitchen. She and Billie kept talking while I turned my attention to Zaidee.

I gently stroked the back of her hand with my thumb. Poor baby hasn't been feeling well today. She's sad and in pain.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I swiped some hair out of her pretty face and tucked it behind her ear. She let out a little whine and dug her head further into my neck.

"You hungry?" I kept my voice low and calm. She shook her head slightly. "Hold me." Her voice was quiet. Really quiet. I did as told, shifting myself a bit so I could wrap my arms around her.

I gently rubbed her back with one hand as the other rested on her thigh. She let out a heavy sigh. I whispered sweet nothings to her every now and then, knowing she's falling asleep as her head starts to drop a bit.