Chapter 2

(SHIELD HEADQUARTERS: WASHINGTON DC: 8:30 PM)

A tall blonde and bearded man wearing a pair of eyeglasses sat on his chair and wrote a series of equations which were too difficult to read and understand for other people. He busied himself to work on his next calculation into a future project. Just then, he heard a slight knock on the door when the man instantly stood up and whined in his unearthly native tongue.

" For Hala's sakes! Can't you stupid Earth people even understand I'm busy right now! " he angrily yelled, walked over to the door, and grumblingly twisted it. " Who are you and what do you want? "

The brunette man in his late thirties wearing a business suit politely smiled at him and nonchalantly said, " Doctor Mar-Vell, this is Agent Coulson. My partner, Agent Fury, needs to have a word with you. "

The irate Kree scientist frowned at him and furiously replied, " Don't tell me I will be interrogated once again as you need obtain some information about the damn Kree-Skrull war. I am sick and tired of telling some useless and stupid bedtime stories to you, Earth children. I'm doing a very important business to improve your primitive technology for crying out loud! "

" Sir, you may share those things very soon, but this needs your attention. "

" You need some of my bedtime stories again? "

" No, you'll find it out for yourself. "

" Right...right..." Mar-Vell exasperatedly sighed and demanded the SHIELD agent. " Now, give me some packs of cigarettes, a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, and a wine glass afterwards. "

" Doctor Mar-Vell, I don't think..."

" You benefit some information and technology from me! I deserve to have benefits as well, because you have placed me in custody for two decades when you first found me and my ship crashed in the forests of Rouen, France! Just do it! "

Coulson nodded and nervously smiled, gesturing the infuriated Kree scientist. Mar-Vell rolled his eyes in disgust and followed the SHIELD Agent. They walked around the hallway and headed the interrogation room. The young SHIELD Agent used his ID badge and placed to his sensors. The scientist made a cheeky grin and snarky chuckle, thinking how old school Earth technology was. Coulson noticed him and sighed when they entered the room.

An African-American man who was a few inches shorter than the irate Kree scientist stood and crossed his arms, waiting for him. He was wearing a white shirt with his sleeves pulled and pair of grey pants. Coulson looked at his senior partner and glanced at the gruff blonde alien man.

" Coulson, I'll handle the scientist and call you when I need you, " his fellow SHIELD Agent said imperatively.

" Yes, sir, " he nodded and left the two men inside the room.

" We meet again, Agent Fury, " the scientist sternly spoke. " You have understood that I am getting sick and tired of retelling those accounts about the Kree-Skrull war and my previous involvement to your other SHIELD agents. Have you all got bothered and pissed off? I'm like a broken piece of a vinyl record player, playing and letting you listen to the same song all over again?! "

" Doctor Mar-Vell, please sit down..." Fury ordered.

" Right, right, " Mar-Vell sarcastically remarked and crossed his arms. " Here we go again, great! Some dumb question and answer sessions! Before I flip the table, what the hell do you want again, Mister Fury?! "

" I can imagine you're getting tired of recalling those accounts of the Kree-Skrull war involvement. You and our people on this planet will be stuck on your interplanetary issues."

" Oh...F@(k! " the whining Kree scientist cursed. " Dont tell me, my own fascist people from Hala are chasing after me and those damn shape-shifting green skins! "

" Well, you're under our custody for twenty years, Doc. We considered you as an asset. It seems like we need your help. "

" NO...I'M NOT GOING TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY OF THOSE MESS! " Mar-Vell angrily ranted. " I SERVED THE KREE ARMY FOR THEIR PROLONGED B+( [S#!T AGAINST THE F@(K¡NG SKRULLS! I WAS CAUGHT IN-BETWEEN THEM BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS AND TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH TO UNIFY THEM, BUT MY EFFORTS WERE F@(K€》 UP! "

Fury remained silent and crossed his eyebrows upon the mad Kree scientist's rant. He remarked and snickered, " That was a m@+her f@(kin' statement from a nasty space alien like you. "

" Of course, I'm just expressing my valid statement for not joining in your futile mission. I will be just a f@(k¡ng liability to your team. Remember, I am just a scientist and an engineer, not one of your pitiful whelps who chase some dumbass terrorists on your planet. "

Fury intently smirked and showed the images of people transforming into green skinned beings. Mar-Vell cocked his eyebrows and frowned at his interrogator.

" Where on Hala did you get these images?! " he heatedly asked.

" That was a few weeks ago, Doc, " Fury answered. " There were cases of missing people who turned out to be alien shapeshifters. "

" Those Skrulls, I take it?! What on Earth are they doing here?! "

" Well, your ' repetitive bedtime story' became useful in relation to this case, Doc. The Skrulls may be suspects of those missing people in California. We need you to track them down, since you are considered as a super-powered individual. "

" I REFUSE..."

" So, you refuse? " Fury smirked and showed him a wooden box of Cuban Cigar. He was enticing the Kree scientist and smelling the piece of cigar. " No field work, no cigar. Your privileges and lab work during your custody and collaboration in SHIELD will be limited. "

Doctor Mar-Vell furiously glared at the SHIELD Agent and heavily sighed, " Fine, I'll work with your dumb nutcase against the Skrulls. I'm warning you, Mister Fury. Don't disclose anything from my research and development! Don't share any of my blueprint, calculations, notes, and journals! I swear I will leave your organization for good! I will be working as a lone research scientist in Antarctica, instead! Do you understand?! "

" A deal is a deal, Doc. We won't commit any breaches in our terms. "