socials.

I enjoy going to school, talking with people, socializing. But I don't enjoy the challenge of having to deal with boys. And I don't mean just Greasers, Soc boys may just be worse.

The day flew by quickly, and before I knew it I was with a group of girls, giggling about drama and who's dating who, and who is a cutie and who is not. All of it was gossip, but I can't help but join in. There was no other option, you either walk alone, and you are the one who's being picked on and laughed at. Or you are in the group, laughing at the one who walks alone. It's not ok, but life goes on. It's just the way the world works.

Me and Courtney separated from the group once we got to the Cafeteria, and immediately burst into laughter once we said our good byes to the girls. "My God they are so corny!" Courtney said, Still trying to catch her breath from all the laughter."I know! I thought Susie and Michelle were friends!"I shook my head, a sarcastic smile laid apon my face."Oh my god Bailey, don't you know? They were friends *yesterday*"She rolled her eyes at me in a joking matter, and we both broke out laughing again."Ahh..."Courtney sighed out, her hand was on her chest and she was breathing like she had just ran a marathon."Bailey I can't beli-"She was cut of by two soc boys who sat next to us."Hey Courtney." It was her boyfriend, although everyone knew Courtney never liked Bill, she stayed with him so her reputation was higher. If you were dating someone, especially another popular person, your reputation was raised up a bit."Hi Bill."She rolled her eyes again, but this time not in a satire manner, she was serious about being annoyed within his presence.

Eventually the boys left, after Bill invited her to the football game, and she accepted. But the truth is she only wanted to see that one boy that she was googly eyeing in the morning.

Me and Courtney continued to talk, about everything and anything actually. Being at lunch with her was never boring, but once you don't know what to talk about anymore, you try to talk about anything."So-.."Courtney said, picking at her food as she did."What happened with that Dallas kid?"I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her, anymore of this and our eyes will turn so far we will see the back of our brains I thought to myself, but it was whatever. A simple question with a simple answer."Oh glory..."I replied, placing my fingers on the temple of my nose."It was-...Something that's for sure."I let out an annoyed chuckle, just thinking about it made me wanna scream."Somthin'?"She chuckled as she questioned me, and turned her head over to where a group of soc boys were before her smile dropped.

"Bailey, I think we should go.."I turned my head to where she was looking, and let my head fall back. What a bummer. A group of Soc boys were looking at us, and their dirty smirks were making it clear they wanted to come talk to us. And hell, one of them were already makeing their way over to us."Let's go."I grabbed my things, and got up off the table and threw my book bag over my shoulder, waiting for Courtney to get her stuff so we could go."Wait is that Eddie?"She Paused, Eddie was the kid who she had been checking out earlier. 《Oh brother》 I thought to myself, 《I dont wanna stick around here.》I shook my head at her, and eyed on of the boys who was sitting at the table, he stared right back at me. "Courtney you know that I don't like that group of boys, for God's sake Thomas is right there!" Thomas was the boy I was eyeing, he was a ex boyfriend of mine. And we did NOT leave off on good terms. She only shook her head at me, and waved me off. I hated it whenever she put boys above our friendship. It got on my nerves. I scoffed at her jester and walked off, and out of the Cafeteria.

I would mumble to myself, "who does she think she is?!" And "I thought we were friends!" As I made my way to the Feild. But I already knew why she had, she's a soc. Reputation matters more then some idiotic friendship that probably won't last till Collage.

Eventually I made it to a small Bench that was out at the field. I had already eaten lunch, so some fresh air was nice. There were a few groups of greasers out, and boys playing football, some were socs too.

I watched them as they play, Courtney was right. Football boys were cute. I couldn't take my eyes off of them.