Chapter 15

What wasn't the usual routine of Naruto was to head to the club room of math right after classes. As he had something extra to do, he intended to exclude himself from the movie club activities for a few days. Luckily Hinata wasn't against it. hearing him out, she spoke with enthusiasm,"Math club? Trust me all of them are genius."

Naruto said,"Then I'm going to feel out of place." Hinata patted his shoulder speaking,"Why! Brother Neji should be there. Should I accompany you?" Naruto's eyes beamed. He asked,"Can you do that!" Hinata nodded smiling. Naruto could see a halo above her head, a deity. Naruto was nervous in the first place and the proposal was from Hinata, so why would he reject her?

Hinata was bickering all by herself as Naruto was only humming a few times or showing her toothy grin. Hinata knocked on the door but nobody replied. Then she decided to just barge in. When the two intruders entered, everyone lifted their heads to fixate their gaze on them. Hinata smiled wavering her hand. A hand wavered back.

A girl who had a haughty air surrounding her came. Her hair was purplish, her eyes looked aloof. Hinata beamed,"Konan!" Konan only spared her a glance nodding. Although Hinata wasn't intimidated but Naruto was. He gulped. She was worth gossiping after all, a beauty. An origami flower was tucked in her head.

She spoke,"Iruka sensei mentioned a newcomer, are you?" Naruto nodded. He spoke,"I am Naruto." Konan nodded and then turned her head. A boy with red hair came with a notebook. Konan picked a certain page and then told him,"Register your name here." All there was to do was to to sign Naruto's name. As konan was done with her job, she went back to her place.

Hinata had already rushed to visit her brother who had his back against the wall talking to her. The room was filled with a haughty aura. Naruto sighed.

"How was it!" Deidara asked. Naruto was invited to his music room. Naruto's head was throbbing after witnessing their hardcore practice. Naruto said,"I'm not much optimistic about it. Konan, she was like frost. How will I ask for help from her?" Deidara chuckled. He said,"Why so pitiful?" Naruto muttered,"You wouldn't know."

After that day going to the math club had become a regular thing for Naruto. It wasn't all that serious all the time. Konan wouldn't give any shit about the gossiping and only would extend her helping hand when it's needed. At least for Naruto, it was a lot more fun that the movie club.

"I am really surprised that anyone can be this dumb." The guy named Shikamaru commented. Naruto only scratched his head staring at the blank paper nervously. "That's no way of teaching anyone." A cheerful voice erupted. Naruto found it familiar and shot the person a glare.

"You are not from this club. Why are you here?" Naruto asked. Yahiko leant closer. He said,"I'm good in math. How about I help you?" Naruto said wavering him off,"Unless I don't want to fail in my math test." Yahiko said,"What? If you think I'm dumb then let me enlighten you..." A loud smack echoed in an instant. It was Konan who had enough. She said indifferently,"Why are you pestering him?"

Yahiko groaned pressing his hand on his temple. He said,"What? I'm pestering him?" Konan spoke,"Making noise in here is prohibited." Yahiko said,"But most of you only waver flies off. What's the point just sitting down silently?" Konan looked at him sternly sending him warnings. Yahiko pursed his lips and then shrugged his shoulders. He said,"You boring people surely stick together. I'm off."
.
.
.
.
Naruto felt his shoulders going numb after sticking his ass to the chair for a few hours. Although the darkness of the night had already engulfed the entire city, Naruto had to study. He couldn't afford to slack off while his parents were working even overnight. Moving from one city to
another was never easy.

Naruto used to feel guilty staring at his father's eyes which had marks of dark circles, his tired sweaty body after running back and forth. His mother who would cook their meals hurriedly and then run for the store. All Naruto had to do was to fulfill his duty, duty as their son.