𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 - 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

A loud scream rung through Valerie's ears and throughout the abandoned building. She turned, easily flipping a man over her shoulder, she pulled her trigger, shooting him in the legs. Valerie ran downstairs, immediately spotting Maddie on the ground, blood spilling out of her stomach and a man attempting to run away. Valerie barely even looked at him as she shot him in the head. "Stab or bullet?" Val asked, leaning down next to Maddie and picking up the bloody briefcase they came there for.

"Bitch, what does it look like?" Maddie deadpanned, taking Valerie's hand to help her up. "Bitch, I just saved your life, and I'm going to do it again. The least you could do is answer a question without attitude." Val lifted up Maddie's shirt, confirming it was a bullet wound. "Let's just hurry up and get outta here please," Maddie groaned, applying pressure to her wound as Valerie helped her down the stairs.

Half an hour later, Valerie held up a barely conscious Maddie as she pushed open the front door to her home. "Try not to be loud, the twins are sleeping," Val warned, only the minute she arrived at the washroom, a light flickered on and there faced her daughter, Adelisa Shaw. "Mum? What happened to Aunt Maddie?" She asked.

"No time to explain, sweetheart. Do me a favor and grab my first aid kit," Valerie set Maddie up against the sink and ripped off her shirt as Adelisa quickly handed her the medical kit. "This is gonna hurt, so bite down on this." Valerie pulled off her belt and put it in Maddie's mouth, letting her bite down onto it. "Adel, grab me a bottle of vodka, and hurry. Don't wake up your dad," Valerie instructed.

"Okay mum," Adelisa ran downstairs as quietly as possible and climbed onto the counter, quickly opening up the alcohol cabinet and grabbing the clear glass bottle with what was left of the vodka. As she ran up the stairs she suddenly bumped straight into her dad. "Where's your mum?" Deckard leaned down and took the alcohol from her, already guessing that either she or Maddie had gotten hurt on that "little" mission they did.

"Uh, in the washroom," Adel nervously smiled.

"Alright. You go on and head back to sleep. You got school tomorrow." Deck ushered her towards her room. She frowned, really excited to have helped her mum. "Is Aunt Maddie gonna be okay?" She asked before he could leave the room.