The Mighty Warrior

"The mighty warrior!"

That was her nickname for Neteyam. Her first brother, her first sibling. She started calling him that when he had first hurt himself. He was still a baby, barely talking. That didn't stop him from talking to her, though.

Neteyam babbled to his sister as he waddled forward, only stopping to turn around to see if she was listening. She nods at him, urging him to go on. She listens to him, that was one of the reasons why she liked talking to her. Daddy didn't really understand him and Momma only cooed and giggled at him when he talked. But sissy understood him!

Not paying attention to where he was going, Neteyam slipped on a small tree root and fell on his face. Hard. He started to whine, but his sister was immediately at his side, searching him for injuries.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Neteyam!"

Neteyam sees her eye water as she continues to search him. He holds his cries in, and stands up on shaky legs. He will not be the reason his sister cries. He babbled to her, smiling shakily. She blinked in surprise, before chuckling softly.

"Ah, the mighty warrior doesn't need my help, huh?"

Neteyam giggles, before trying to run away from her playfully.

"Oh! That's how you wanna play it, huh?"

"Bah!"

"Oh! I'm gonna get you!"

He would tease Lo'ak about that often, his response being, "Well, I'm her sweet boy! She told me herself! So ha!"

After all these years, he was still her mighty warrior. Even after Lo'ak, Kiri, and Tuk was born. Even after she grew into a woman. Even after she had found her mate. Even after their family found out that she was growing a life inside of her. He would always be her,

"Mighty warrior!"