author's note

helloo! if you have reached till here then thank you so so much for reading the drabble. I was so excited about it because of the plot.

The plot can be perceived in many ways. but let me explain how I intended it…

The short explanation of the ending is that the mansion WAS NOT haunted. there was no ghost, no tragic past… all that was only in tae's head caused due to the grief and trauma of losing his husband, which is why his mind started making up the story and hallucinating yoongi.

Long explanation - throughout the story there are instances that point towards the end like it being mentioned how he wants to 'find himself again', the fact that the mansion was never claimed to be haunted except by tae, how everything started only after the work was done and he was left alone basically an empty mind…

so basically there is no spirit but because tae couldnt cope up with the death of his husband his mind made up another story of a past lover, lost tragically like his present, and he starts hallucinating him.

How does it fit this prompt?
His mind is doing all this because he hasn't been able to cope up with the grief of his husband's death and that is because he is still in love with him. And that is why literally /everything/ is wrong with him…