◦•●◉✿Meeting Daemon✿◉●•◦

The next morning Daelys, Jace and Luke are in Rhaenyra's quarters as Harwin says goodbye to them. After the incident in the training yard, his father, Lyonel has decided that he should go back to his seat at Harrenhal.

"When we meet again you will be a man." Harwin whispers to Joffrey.

He looks up at Rhaenyra and places their foreheads together. Afterwards he says goodbye to the other three and leave.

"We can still write to him." Rhaenyra says to reassure Jace as he looks at Harwin, leaving.

"Is Harwin Strong really my father? Am I a bastard?" Jace asks bluntly.

Daelys looks at him then to her mother. She looks taken aback by the question. "As my son you are a Targaryen and that's all that matters." Rhaenyra finally answers.

The indirect answer implies that it is true. Jace looks stunned and reaches for his sister's hand. She holds his hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.

Daelys is sitting under a tree reading a book when she feels someone sitting down beside her. She doesn't look up. She knows it's Aemond and continues to ignore him.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?" Aemond asks.

Daelys shuts the book and turns to him. "We might leave." She says finally.

Aemond's face falls. "Why?" He asks.

Daelys shakes her head. "After everything mother believes it will be wise to leave." She answers.

Tears come to Aemond's eyes. " I don't want you to." He says.

Daelys smiles sadly and places a hand on his cheek. "I know." She whispers. But there is only so much I can decide."

He nods sadly. "Can you promise me something?" He asks.

"What?" Daelys asks.

"Promise to come back to me when you can", Aemond whispers resting their foreheads together.

"Promise", Daelys answers without hesitation. "And do you promise that if I have any problem coming back to you, you will come to me?"

"Yes." Aemond answers immediately.

Daelys lies down so that her head is resting on Aemond's lap. He runs a hand through her hair. They don't say a word as a comfortable silence settles between them.

Daelys sits up again when she hears approaching footsteps. It's one of Rhaenyra's handmaidens. "Everyone is waiting for you, Princess." She tells her.

Daelys nods and she leaves. "Time to leave." She says turning to Aemond.

"See you again." He says.

It makes a smile appear on Daelys' face. "See you soon." She says instead.

Aemond smiles at her and they walk together to the dragon pit. She gives him a last wave before getting on Blaze and flying away with everyone else.

The court of Viserys has gathered at Driftmark for the funeral of Leana Velaryon. The child she was carrying had got stuck inside her and she could not have been saved. When the choice was given to Daemon to save his child by cutting Leana open, he had said no. Leana had decided to go to her dragon, Vhagar and ordered her to burn her.