Part 5 It will be okay

Notes at the end!

Leo had gone to serve other customers, and I turned to Colby. He was still processing what the hell just happened. I could tell by the expression on his face. "Okay, ok, wait. So you're not just a tattoo artist. You're also a DJ and bartender who created the best-selling drink in America?" "Yes." He looked shocked. I giggled. "Wow... Jake really did bring a famous gorgeous lady." I blushed slightly at the compliment. "Hehe, I don't think he knows." "Really?" "Yeah, I don't like talking about my past that much." I looked down at my drink, and Colby took my hand again to calm me down. "Thanks." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. "Okay, how about we play 20 questions to get to know each other better?" I thought about it and nodded. "Ladies first." "Hmmmmmm.....What's your favorite color? I know it's easy, sorry." He gave me a warm smile. "Hey, it's good to start slow. And to answer your question, it's black and blue. Okay, it's your turn. What's your favorite thing to do when you're bored?" As he asked, he didn't pull his hand away, and I didn't want him to. "I love going out and exploring paranormal, abandoned places or making music. Or I'll draw some new designs." "Do you believe in the paranormal?" Colby asked excitedly. "Yes, I've had so much paranormal activity in the past it's scary." His eyes widened. "That is so cool!" We ended up talking a lot about our paranormal adventures and our favorite things. I didn't even realize how late it was, but it was almost midnight. "Haha, how time flies when you're with an amazing and sweet lady." He looked at his phone and was shocked. "Holy shit, I didn't even realize Sam called! Hey, I have to call him back." He looked at me like he was asking for permission. I smiled at him, and he called Sam. " Hey, why did you call? .."Okay, see ya then." I looked at him confused. "The others have already gone home but couldn't find us. I'll take you home later." He smiled and put his phone away. "Thanks, Colby. What do we do now?" Before he could answer, someone touched my shoulder, and I turned to face that person.

"Hey, your Y/N, right?" "Yeah, why?" "The boss would like to talk to you and won't take a no for an answer." The person grabbed my wrist and tried to take me away, but I got so scared of a flashback from my abusive ex that I pulled my arm away. "Sorry, but no, I won't speak to him." I turned to Colby with a pleading look. He took my hand in his and walked me to the exit. But the person stopped us before we reached our goal. "I'm sorry, sir, but she has to come with me." "She's definitely uncomfortable talking to him or going with you, so we'll go." Colby started to walk again, but the person didn't let go. Then I heard a familiar voice. "Well, well, who do we have here? If it's not my slut." I started shaking when I saw him and clung to Colby's hand. The person calling me a slut was one of my old bosses, Miles Hernandez, he introduced me to my abusive ex. And he's even worse than before, just like Leo said he was. I saw Leo at the bar looking at me with scared eyes and I knew he wanted to help but I told him to stay where he was. Colby stood in front of me to protect me from him. He grabbed the person's wrist holding mine and squeezed it... tight! The person immediately let go and held his wrist in pain. I had never seen Colby with such an expression on his face. Not even from the videos I watched because of Jake. I could feel him shaking with anger. "What did you call her?" Colby asked quietly. Miles now had his attention on Colby. "And who the hell are you?" Colby glared at him. "I'm her boyfriend, asshole! Leave us alone and NEVER talk to my girl again, bastard." I looked at him in shock. Did he just call me his girlfriend, but I understood what he was up to. "Wow, we're cheating now, aren't we? Y/n. this makes me angry you know? And you know what happens when I'm angry. So think very carefully about the decision that you are about to make." I looked at him as calmly as I could. "Didn't I say not to talk to her!" I held Colby back and he looked at me confused. I gave him a look that said, 'I will handle it', and he came back to me. "Look, Miles... I'm not the girl you can use to your heart's content anymore because she has no way of defending herself. I'm a woman who fights for what she believes is right. I'll never be yours. I'll settle for nothing less than myself and you're way too far below my expectations. Discussion over!" I looked at Leo, who smiled proudly at me and signaled that help was on the way. I turned to Colby who had a very worried and proud expression on his face. We wanted to leave, but of course it wasn't that easy, bodyguards started to surround us. Before I could even say anything, other bodyguards beated the people around us unconscious. "Are you alright miss?" I was asked. "Yes, thanks, but why did you protest against your own boss for me?" "You are friends of Leo and friends of Leo are our friends, so of course we will helped you." He smiled at me and I smiled back. "You don't have to worry about him anymore. We have enough evidence to put him behind bars." He looked at me and then at Colby and to our hands. "You and your boyfriend can go. Please take good care of her. She shouldn't live alone for a few months because that guy has some really bad friends." I blushed at the girlfriend and boyfriend thing that I had already forgotten. I looked at Colby to see his reaction. It was a serious look. "Of course I'll take care of her. She will stay with me." With that they said goodbye and he dragged me out of the building to his car. He hadn't let go of my hand. We got to his car as he suddenly turned around and pulled me into a hug. "Colby?" "He's gone. You are fine now. You can stop shaking with fear. I will never let him hurt you again. I will protect you!" Hearing those words, I leaned into his arms and cried, letting go of all the tension that had been building up without me realizing it. It took me ten minutes to calm down. We got in the car and he drove off. "Thanks for being there for me..." Colby took my hand again and smiled at me. "always." I hadn't felt this safe since I started dating my ex.

We sat in silence until Colby broke the silence. "I'll drive us to my house. It's not safe for you at you'r home at the moment. Is that ok?" I was too tired to argue, so I said yes. We arrived and I tried to get out of the car but fell to the ground. Colby ran to me. "Are you alright?" Concernes hung over him. "Yes I'm fine. I guess the adrenaline's gone," I joked. He laughed to himself, picked me up and carried me to his house. My heart was beating so fast I swear Colby could hear it. He entered what looked like a bedroom. "Welcome to the trap house! Me and the boys live here together so you can stay in my room." He put me on the bed and I looked up at him as he left to go somewhere. I looked around his room and noticed that we shared the same style. Black. He came out of where he had gone too, with an oversized t-shirt and boxer shorts. "Here, put this on. I don't think you want to sleep in that dress." I looked at the shirt he had thrown at me. "Okay... could you turn around?" He then left the room and I called him back when I was done. He showed me where the bathroom was and I took my makeup off. When I returned to the bedroom, Colby was lying on the sofa he had in his room. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I am sleeping. Now go to bed, it's late." I looked at him in disbelief. Did he really think I would let him sleep on the sofa, in his room, when he had rescued me earlier? I grabbed his hand and pulled him off the sofa. "What are you doing?" I didn't answer as I dragged him to the bed with me. I looked at him with tired eyes. "Do you really think I would let you sleep on the sofa, in your room, after you saved me? The answer is no. Now come to bed so we can go to sleep." He looked at me. "I'm warning you because I'm a person who likes to cuddle others in their sleep..." I smiled at that. "Perfect, I love cuddling, now come to bed!" He did as I said and we immediately started cuddling. He had his arm around my waist and I snuggled up against his chest. I immediately fell into a dreamless sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

That was part 5 with 1674 words. I hope you've enjoyed the story so far. If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could give the story a vote. You can text me if you want a storyline, smut, fanfiction idea, or anything else. I would be honored to write it!

Let's take a look at Colby's side of events. ;)