iv - starry, starry night

Odd thing being rewarded a room for ruining some men's day. Maybe because Wylan and Nina did snitch. It was a nice room for a temporary stay. Maybe a fresh repaint of the spiced apple cider walls? Some heavy scrubbing on the whiskey-stained concrete? Some repairs on the wobbly chairs and this would be a fantastic place to rent out. That is if Kaz would actually consider Luda's idea.

Luda took a seat on the creaky bed. It sunk lower then the old one. Her only bags dropped by her feet. Some dust bunnies flew up into her lungs. She coughed three times, rose to her feet and unlatched the crooked windows. Nope. The instant stench of air pollution and horse dung ruined her nostrils. Thank the saints above this living situation is only temporary until she gets that passport.

Three knocks on her door brought her out of daydreams. It was Jesper with a big ol' grin.

"Wow," he grazed over the room, "you're room is adorable."

Luda welcoming smile was nice change of pace from those blank head-empty stares. She motioned him inside and offered a seat on the only stool that didn't need adjustments.

She placed her fingers on her chin then moved them away towards Jesper.

"You're welcome." Luda quipped her head surprised, some playful curiosity taking over. "I know some phrases, but I'm not fluent."

She raised her head lightly at the realisation with a small 'oh' face. Jesper demonstrated his skills; thank you, you're welcome, that's my money! and...stop taking my goat? Luda eyebrows furred together but she laughed at his limited knowledge. It was sweet knowing he was completely mindless in RSL. Jesper's smile grew brighter hearing Luda's own laughter. She sounded like a little joyful child.

"Well I just wanted to come in and say welcome to staying at the new crow club!" Jesper greeted. "And I absolutely adore your singing voice. I think you sound amazing." Luda placed her hand on her chest with a bashful expression. "I was there the first time you came in and performed at the old club. Never have I've seen so many people come to the club not to gamble."

It's only in her nature her alluring songs would be so captivating. But still, the compliments always warm her.

"Actually I wanted to come in here because I had a idea that I wanted to run by you," Jesper fixed himself, and so did Luda. "When this is all over," he leaned forward. "why don't ya come sing at the crow club again?" Luda pulled away, flattered, but slightly saddened by the offer, "I could convince Kaz to let you stay on a more permanent offer."

Luda looked around the room. She searched through the draws and cabinets until she pulled out a pen and some paper. She scribbled down two words: pass port. Her handwriting was reminiscent of a young child's.

Jesper's smile faulted, "oh! Yeah! The passport!" He chuckled awkwardly, " the main reason why you're actually here!"

Luda scribbled down 'soree!'

"Soree?" Jesper leaned in. "Oh! Sorry! S-O-R-R-Y!"

She tried again: sorry...?

Jesper nodded in approval, "ya know you can forge your own passport? You don't need Kaz to get you one." Luda shrugged unsure and then brushed it off. "and even then! There isn't a set time you have to leave!"

Luda frown: Sturmhond.

"Oh! Screw him!" Jesper stood abruptly with much jester. He placed his hands on her shoulders, "you're one of us now. We've got your back." Luda's frown shifting into a soft smile. It's been too long since someone has offered her some form of protection.