°Chapter 1°

A cold breeze curled over Y/N sleeping frame, shivering she burrowed into her resting place. However, the grass that pressed into her appendages only aided in seeping more warmth from her (s/c) skin. Furrowing her brow, y/n's mind slowly lifted to the forefront of her consciousness at the foreign feeling on her limbs, unfamiliar from how she drifted off to sleep.

Lashes fluttering, she opened her eyes to the scenery before her. Her gardening gloved hands rested against bright green grass that swayed softly with the breeze, 'Did I fall off my chair somehow?'

Shifting her gaze beyond her hands, the expanse beyond her was full of multiple tree trunks.. Multiple? But she only had the one apple tree in her yard..

Following up one of the trunks, she spotted the familiar red fruit also hanging from the branches, surrounded by bright red, orange, yellow and were those.. blue leaves?

The confusion from her surroundings started to lift the sleep haze from her brain, but never was she more awake than when she noticed the outline of a shadow over her lying figure. It was closely humanoid shaped..

Slowly she rolled her shoulder back to tip her head behind her and came face to face with large eyes staring directly into her own (e/c) orbs. Letting out a shriek she sprung forward away from the creature that lurked over her.

A startled expression came across their yellow face but she hardly noticed while lifting herself into a sitting position, her ankles and fingers frantically tearing into the soil as she backed away quickly until her back was met with the hard surface of a tree trunk.

Y/N closed her eyes tightly, throwing her hands out in front of her as if they could shield her from the foreign presence.

"P-Please don't hurt me," she was shaking as she felt warm tears welling up behind her closed eyes. 'Is this how it ends?' Her heart hurt from the panic that enveloped her.

"Oh- oh my, I'm sorry stranger, I did not mean to startle you, I was just on a walk to admire the apples when I saw you laying there, and I wanted to know if you were alright, and- and you did not look familiar so I wanted even more so to check on you since it is always nice to meet someone new and introduce myself and-" They blabbered out quickly, a shakiness to their voice.

Y/N opened her eyes and peeked out from behind her hands, hot tears tracking down her cheeks and her vision slightly blurred as she laid eyes on the short person in front of her.

Blinking a few times, y/n took in their appearance, standing at what couldn't be more than three feet was a small man? Child? She wasn't quite sure for they weren't exactly human.

Their skin, or what looked to be felt, had a bright yellow hue, with a curled navy blue pompadour styled a top their head. A true blue cardigan paired with a white shirt underneath hugged their upper torso, they had a red ascot tied around their neck and rainbow striped pants running down their legs to meet a pair of black and white shoes.

'It couldn't be..' Familiarity donned on her as what she was looking at was an exact 3D version of the image that Jessie had sent her before she had fallen asleep.

'How is that possible?' With that realization, she looked at them more closely.

They looked quite shaken, presumably from the earlier shout she had let out and being nervous around a new person. But once they saw the fresh tears on y/n's face a worried expression crossed theirs.

"Oh my, I'm so very sorry dear, I promise I won't hurt you, are you alright?" They coaxed softly, not having stepped closer from where she had previously been laying and holding their hands out in front of them as if to calm a wild animal.