°Chapter 2°

Though their walk was short, Wally took it upon himself to fill the silence with constant chatter. The sound of a voice filling the silence was comfortable white noise for y/n and she felt herself relax while a gentle breeze cooled against her skin.

Wally's topic of choice was the neighbors that lived near by him. He went into quite excessive detail while describing them, from which y/n was able to pair each neighbor with the images she had viewed before, mentally noting that one neighbor 'Frank', who had a grey colored complexion and a butterfly bow tie, was nonbinary, like Jessie, and went by 'they'.

As she nodded along while Wally spoke, y/n was reminded of her time spent in the garden, listening while Jessie ranted about their newest favorite thing, the memory was bitter sweet to think about. Could she even get back home?

'I hope they're alright and didn't get dragged here too..' She was worried about her friend, though she didn't really know where 'here' was.

Y/N brought her focus back to her surroundings when she noticed the orchard around the path started to give way to the brightly colored neighborhood in front of them.

Any where you looked, vibrant hues of the rainbow filled your vision, it felt like you were on an acid trip with how brightly the colors that were used shined.

"..y/n- Y/N!" At the call of her name, y/n blinked her focus back down to the amused yellow man in front of her, "Welcome to The Neighborhood!" He threw his arms wide, topping it off with a pair of enthusiastic jazz hands.

Chuckling, she nodded and looked around once more, "It's certainly.. something," she offered, trying to give a reassuring smile.

Wally though, didn't seem to notice her forced expression and seemed pleased with her reaction. He faced toward a blue building on their left, "Let's head to Howdy's place for a snack, then we can go to Poppy's"

He took off in a bit of a skip as Y/N followed, her mind wandering to the description and image of Poppy she had seen. 'She kinda looks like a red and rainbow version of big bird..' she thought off handedly, a bit apprehensive of how large Miss Poppy must be.

The building made of blue bricks that they went up to had a red and white striped awning hanging over the front glass door, a couple crates of fresh fruits and vegetables appeared to be off to the side of the main entrance.

At the sight, Y/N smiled widely and caught up with Wally as half his torso dived into a crate of apples, eagerly he scooped them into his arms.

Y/N looked over the other options curiously, a seasoned gardener in her own right she was surprised at how fresh the different plants looked. There were no bruises or wilting leaves on any of them unlike similar produce she would find at her local supermarket.

While she pondered over this the sound of a door chime rang out, along with a disgruntled voice, "Wally please tell me you aren't trying to steal my apples aga-"

Y/N looked towards the noise and felt herself take a precautionary step back as her gaze traveled up from brown working boots and a pair of red pants to a very large green man that looked at her in surprise.

They both gazed at each other for a moment before Wally spoke up, "Oh, hello there Howdy, I was just stopping by with Y/N here since she was hungry, do you think you could be kind enough to give us a discount?" He barely looked over at the tall stranger while he continued to stack apples up in his small arms.

On the other hand, y/n started to tremble and couldn't look away from the 7ft giant that stood before her. His presence a bit overwhelming as he towered over the two smaller beings.