Chapter 14: A Shadowy Chase

The trio quickly left the prison house and walked through the evening streets of Port Aurora. They were going to sneak into the Crazy Coconut Theater again by the back ally way. Along their trip, they suddenly stopped, and spotted a wanted poster that weren't put up before. Not even Auri remembers them being put up too. It was a new Wanted poster of Mario, although he's depicted with red eye's, and reversed color's of his usual clothing's, It also has a mustache similar to that of his brother Luigi, fatter than he actually looks, much shorter, and very much does not look much like him at all.
"Blegh! said Mario in disgust, as he took down the poster and rips it apart, "They'a never get'a Mario right!"
They continued to walking till they got near theater. It's entrance was closed since it doesn't open till the next couple of hours. It gave them a big advantage to sneak in from the back! They quickly went in ally way of the theater, They saw the damaged exit door from the last time they were here, It was poorly taped on, making anyone to sneak in easily! Once they opened it, they were unexpectedly met with piles of wooden crates that weren't there before! It blocked off the stairway and even the vent where Whisk entered at, they tried to move them out of the way, but they wouldn't even budge. It was like it's glued down to the floor, they probably knew for a fact they would be coming back. They did a couple of more attempts moving the wooden crates, but they couldn't even budge them away.
"Oooh," Said Mario, as his stomach started to grumble, "Say I'ma hungry, do you got any food?" He said.
Meggy looked at him with irritation, "Mario... Can't you last long without thinking about food for once!" She yelled.
"Ay, its'a not my fault we'a didn't eat breakfast!"
"Well it's better if you don't think about food, and maybe start going on a diet!" 
"But Mario want's food!" 
The 2 started arguing back and back to other about food, diet, and exercising. Their argument was starting to heat up so much that Auri isn't able to split them up! Although, something caught Auri's attention, He saw red glowing eyes that was standing there right ahead of the ally way.
"Um, guys?" Auri said to them in a fearful tone.
"What!" The both said. 
"I think we got company..." 
Mario and Meggy looked back and were in shocked as they saw the glowing red eyes too! They all stood frozen in fear, unaware of what it is. The red eye's then started coming closer towards them slowly, Meggy walked a little bit forward, putting Mario and Auri behind her back so they won't get hurt by whatever that thing is. It's body started to become slowly visible, as it walked closer to them while  It took out something out of it's back. Mario began to tremble in fear as Auri slowly started getting a flashback to what that thing was.
"ITS THAT THING AGAIN!" Shouted Auri, and Suddenly, the thing started running out from the shadow, revealing itself to be the Shadowy Figure of Mario again!
Meggy's eyes widen open in fear as it came running down towards her lightning fast! As soon the Shadow Mario was about to splat her with its paint brush, Mario jumped in, and spiked his shadowy counterpart with his fist! He made the shadow hit face first towards the hard ground. 
"Oh damn." Fludd commented on what Mario just did to the Shadow.
"I did it!" Cheered Mario, but his early victory was short lived as the Shadow Mario splat Mario right in the 'pingas' with it's paint brush, and ran away towards the shadow again!
"Mario!" cried Meggy, "Are you alright!" She asked. 
"My pingas, is not happy..." he replied back.
Auri then pulled his belt up, and started chasing the Shadow Mario down to where it ran off too. "Auri! Where are you going!" Meggy yelled.
 Auri looked back at Meggy before running off. "You make sure Mario is alright Meggy," He said, "I'll capture that no good shadow!" and he ran off chasing down the Shadow figure, leaving Meggy with Mario. 
It didn't took long for Auri to catch up to them, although he was already running out of breath. The Shadow Mario noticed him catching up towards them, It then notice's some barrel's up ahead of the hill, and quickly ran up to it. The shadowed figure proceeded to push down the barrel's and they started to roll down the hill in order to stop Auri from catching up!
Auri saw the barrel's running down towards him, they we're all coming from each side! He had to quickly switch lanes from the right to the left side another left and back to the middle!  All of a sudden, 2 barrels were coming from both sides between Auri! He had to switch lanes as twice as fast to not get crushed by one! Auri got himself back to the middle, but he unluckily found himself with all sides with barrel's coming towards him lightning fast! He didn't have the choice on where to go, but he isn't giving up just yet! As the 3 barrel's quickly got down to him and just about to hit him, Auri quickly jumped over them, getting over the hill successfully!
The Shadow Mario was already down from the hill, leaving Auri at the top. As Auri was catching his breath, he spotted one of the barrel's that the shadow figure  had forgotten about. He quickly grabbed the barrel, put it on it's side, got on top of it, and started rolling down the hill fast! Auri, despite his shortness of speed, was doing great enough balancing on the barrel, and was quickly catching up towards the Shadow Mario!
"STAHP RITE DERE!" He Yelled to the Shadow Mario, but they turned their back but they sure did started to run faster!
But it was no use for them to speed up as Auri was already up on it's tail! Unexpectedly, Auri started to lose control of his barrel, and started tilting, and bobbing! It then unintentionally bumped The Shadow Mario against the wall, but passed him, and hit straight to a light post! It flew Auri and the fruits inside of it of and against another wall! The crash made Auri go unconscious for awhile. His vision was blurry, his nonexistent ear's were ringing, and he was barely paralyzed, only able to move his hands.
The Shadow Mario was not even injured in the slightest, it started to menacingly walked up to Auri, with the paint brush on its sharp side! Auri tried to get himself back up again, but it was no use at all being paralyzed, the shadowy figure was already up to him and ready to end him off. But then, something unexpected happened,  Something bashed in and pinned the Shadow Mario to the ground, away from Auri! They then tied the Shadows hands with a rope, and pushed them against the wall.
"Auri!" Cried the soothing, familiar voice, "Please say something!" They said, As Auri's vision slowly got back to normal, his widen open in excitement too see who it was.
"Whisk!" He cried happily, "How I'm glad to see you show up!" 
"Yeah, don't mentioned it"
Whisk put's Auri straight up again, and Mario and Meggy then showed up to the scene.
"Auri!" Meggy said happily, "Thank goodness You're okay!" 
"Yeah, Nice'a job" Added Mario. 
"Heh, thanks guys." He said.
Auri then turned back towards the Shadow Mario figure.
"Now Let's see whose really behind that mask!" Auri then pulled the mask off, leaving everyone else in shock!
"Junior!?" Said the confused Mario.
"You know this kid?" Auri asked.
"Ah yes, hes'a one of my friends kids. What'a you doing here you little shit?" 
Junior mumbled to himself with rage in his eyes.
"Hey kid." Whisk then said with a serious tone, "He's asking what are you doing here." 
After Junior finished his mini tantrum of mumbling, he finally talked.
"Fine you big meanies, I'm following my papa's foot step on being the greatest villains of all time, but you ruined it!" 
"Well you win some you lose some kid." Then said Meggy.
Suddenly, Auri just thought of something right out of the back of his head.
"Say, are you probably by any chance, working for someone are you?" He asked.
Junior just laughed, not taking the question so seriously, "Hey, this is a serious question, or else your going in the slammer!" He threaten.
"Okay, okay, jeez!" Said Junior, and started to explain all he has to say, "I was asked to join into a strange group by a strange man with a funny suit, wearing glasses. He offered me a huge allowance so I could by myself that New Super Smash Each Other In The Ass Bros. 2!" 
"And do you know where this funny hat guy person lives at?" Auri then asked again, quickly taking out his notepad and pen.
"Well that easy, he lives-" And before Junior could say anything else, Mario grabbed him, and kicked him out from existent!
Mario felt proud of himself doing that, "I did it." He said, "I saved the world."
Everyone was in distraught that Mario kicked the new source of information they just had on their hands. Meggy, was extremely pissed at him.
"God Dammit Mario!" She yelled straight at his face.
"What? Isn't not'a obvious, he was'a the mastermind behind'a everything!"
"...YOU IDIOT!" Meggy ran up towards Mario, and strangled him by the neck very aggressively, and shaking him violently as Whisk and Auri watched in horror.
"...Well you know he kind of deserved it from what happened last time." Honestly said Whisk.
Out of nowhere, A shadow casted over them, making Meggy let go of Mario's neck, and all look back to see who it was.
"J-Judge Sinis!" Auri Stuttered in fear. The eerie judge looked over them with disappointment in his eyes, especially Auri.
"Sheriff Auri..." He said in a cold voice, "May I ask why is that madman out of his prison cell?" Auri was to frighten to even speak properly that, Whisk has to talk for him.
"Well you see Judge Sinis, it's-" 
"SILENCE!" He yelled rudely, interrupting her explanation, and making everyone frozen in fear like a statue. Sinis then looked back at Auri, and took his hand out.
"Give it to me." He said.
Auri's heart sank, knowing what he meant, "But sir, t-this badge belong to my Grandfather, I can't just-"
"I SAID GIVE IT TO ME!" 
Auri's eye's were now filling up with tear's, he then slowly removed the sheriff badge pin, and slowly handed over to Judge Sinis. But Meggy had other ideas.
"No."
Judge Sinis then looked at her menacingly, "Excuse me?" 
"I'm sorry, what I said was 'No!' Look, I know everything around here is in shambles alright? Half the town is in ruined and we're trying to help out with this situation that we're all in! And I especially don't like the fact that you're ruining the life of my friends! You accused and blamed Mario for polluting the island, all because he dropped a wrapper on the floor! Now here you are being a nuisance to Auri again for not being a proper sheriff to you! Well here's the thing buddy, he and the rest of us are working together to bring safety back to this island, so why not give him the chance to prove to you, that he can be a real sheriff with a real team, you IGNORANT JERK!" Meggy was steaming hard red after ranting towards the Judge, but it just made things even worse for them.
The Judge was about yell back at her, but Auri interrupted before he had the chance, "What she w-was trying to say sir is that, we're looking for the one who really caused it." He explained, "Mario wasn't the one who did it sir, it was an imposter that looked just like him, and he was part that criminal group! So please sir, let me have another chance."
Judge Sinis, still angry, calmed down a little bit, "...Fine," He said, "You have till tomorrow night to find the one behind this." 
Everyone sighed in relief, "But!" He added. "If you failed to do so otherwise, you give me that badge, and Mario will be executed!"
"WHAT!" Screamed Mario.
"B-But sir, executing Mario is not ne-" 
"I SAID MY WORD!" He interrupted Auri again, and walked off without looking back.
"Ay!" Yelled Mario, "That wanted poster that you made of me looks like shit!" 
The judge was already to far away to even listen. Everyone was tensed. However, Meggy was suspicious about Judge Sinis.
Executing Mario before tonight isn't fair, unless... "He's the one..."
Whisk then started walking away from the scene.
"Hey Whisk, where are you going?" Auri asked.
"Nowhere." She replied, "I'm going back to my apartment, nothing special."
"Well have a good afternoon."
Whisk just waved goodbye, and left without a trace. Now everything was awkwardly silent, nobody knew what to do next.
Auri finally said something, "Well, if you guy's want, we could go to the out door movie theater event that they're holding."
"Oooh! Mario would like to see it!" Happily said Mario, "But... They won't'a look for Mario would they?"
"Don't worry buddy, I am a master of disguises."
"Really?"
"No."