01

8 years earlier (age 8)

"Bea, its time for school." River opened the door of Bea's bedroom.

"I'm not going. Not until mom comes back." She pulled her mother's blanket over her head, but Bea knew she wasn't coming back.

"You have to, its the first day of school."

"No."

"I will buy you ice cream after school."

Her head peaked out from the top of the blanket, "Can I get whatever I want?"

"Yes, just hurry up!" River shut the door. She got out of her bed and grabbed a pair of grey shorts, a blue t-shirt, and her white high tops. She quickly brushed her hair and teeth before making her way downstairs. "Good you're ready." River says through a mouthful of cereal.

"Where is dad?"

"Dunno. We are taking the bus to school, cmon." Bea frowned and followed behind her brother to the bus stop.

The bus stopped in front of the small school building. Bea continues follow behind her brother and now, his friend, Rafe. On of side of Bea is Sarah and the other side is Wheezie, Rafe's little sisters, Sarah's the same age as Bea and they have been friends their whole lives. Wheezie is 3 years younger than the two girls.

"Wait, River!" Bea grabs River's arm. "Who's my teacher again?"

"Mrs. Walker."

"Is Sarah in my class?"

"Nope, I have Mrs. Wilkins." Sarah tells Bea.

"Oh." Bea replies, the last of her hope for a good first day gone. Rafe and River tell their sisters bye and make their way to their class. Sarah and Bea continue on to where the third grade classes are. Sarah happily goes into her new classroom after waving bye to Bea. Bea takes a deep breath before entering her new class. She sees her name big on one of the desks, she goes over and sits down. Then two boys walk into the class, loudly. They look around for a minute before seeing their names at the same desk group as Bea.

"Hey! John B look," one of the two boys speaks up.

"Yeah JJ?"

"We're together!" The two boys smile happily then sit down. "Hey, whats your name?" Bea looked up and saw the blonde boy smiling.

"Bea, what's yours?" She answers.

"JJ."

"I'm John B."

"Cool." Bea would have never guessed on the first day of third grade she would have met her two best friends.

liv // the last sentence sounds corny asf but i rewrote it like 10 times... this book is going to be written with flash backs, i just feel like it keeps the story from being too much like the show.

anyways happy reading!!