Chapter One - Welcome

It was ten at night. You had made it to a wooded area with your family. But these were no ordinary trees in the woods.

Tall with white and black bark and colorful tufts on the top that made up for leafs. It was dark out and you couldn't see much else, except the sky so heavy with stars 80% of the sky was white and glowing.

Toronto, your 17 year old brother, had his hand over his head where he'd been wacked.

Toronto was sweet. He was extremely tall, 6'8'', with broad shoulders and very strong.
He was a gentle giant, and he'd been hit and scratched by his father and his weapons, and he was crying more than everyone else.
Toronto looked just like father- pale skin, e/c eyes and thick blonde hair.

Macie was your 16 your old sister, and a girl very wise and confident. She wasn't crying. Well, she was pretending she wasn't. She had a good head on her shoulders, and quite pretty, with h/c hair that went below her waist and small but powerful blue eyes.

Hope was 15, the youngest and least familiar with the world. She had her arms wrapped around Toronto best she could. She was talkative and outgoing, with blonde hair almost as long as Macies and a pair of big blue eyes.

Mother was the least horrified and sorrowful. She was just determined. We didn't have a place to go, just each other and our old car, which was almost out of gas. She had electric blue eyes and h/c hair.

Now for the actual book. You came here for Onceler, not some coming-of-age family story.
So let's begin, shall we?

"Mom, when are we gonna stop? We've been driving for hours." Hope whined. We were huddled close together now, teary eyed and quiet.
Well, quiet except for Hope.

As if on cue the car coughed and sputtered angrily, then stopped right by the end of the woods.

Mom slammed her palms against the steering wheel, then exited the car. She opened our door and we piled out quickly, following her through the woods. The woods we knew nothing of and could get lost in fast.

"There's your answer, Hope." Mom said angrily. Hope looked to the side guiltily. We walked through the grass. We couldn't see much. The only light provided was from the stars. Wasn't much light.

Toronto sighed. "Can we just rest for a little while?" He asked softly. Mom put her hand on his head where he'd been hit and he winced a bit.

"Of course, baby." She had us sit down and hug each other close so we wouldn't freeze.

Then morning came. Animals awoke and found the strange family, sleeping and cold. They poked at us, then decided they needed to do something, so they went and found The Lorax himself and had him come and see.

"I've never seen these humans in the human town before, they must be new." He decided. The smallest Barbaloot nuzzled each of us and sat there, watching The Lorax as if he was his father.

Then came the big question; What are we supposed to do with them?

(Steal some guys bed and throw them on the river, am I right?)

Mom opened one of her eyes instinctively to see if her children were awake. At the sight of a fuzzy orange bean and a bunch of little bears she yelped and sat up.

(I bet she's wondering wtf her husband put in her food last night 🤨)

The rest of us awoke too and scooted close to her, just as confused.

The Lorax and the others decided we would stay in the beautiful forest, with the help of a cave near a big waterfall.
We traveled to Greenville from time to time, after we'd all gotten a job and stuff.

Macie became a teacher. The rest of us couldn't really find jobs in our skill set.

And yeah.

(This story is kinda dumb so far. Leave your opinion in the comments! Also, I was wondering if anybody wanted to draw me a cover, I'll give you a shout-out in my next a/n if you'd like. Anyways, I'm done for now, thanks for reading this.)