Chapter Four - Breakfast for dinner

You had came home after a long game of tag in the water with the fish. You still had the dreamy look on your face, which you're pretty sure Hope noticed.

"Y/N. Y/N?! What's with the face?" She gasped. "Is it a boy!!??"

You turned to her, eyes wide, coming out of your trance. Toronto whistled. Macie was busy reading, and Ma turned from her cooking with a brow raised.

"No! Of course not! It's a-"

As if on cue, unfortunately for you, a knock came to the door. Ma sighed and walked over, opening it, and greeting the tall blue eyed boy from earlier. She smiled. Hope turned to you, and mouthed: "I knew it."

You rolled your eyes and sighed, then ma let the boy in and he sat by you, smiling.

"Hiiii, future brother in-law! I'm Hope,  Y/N's sister, this is Toronto, our brother, Macie, our sister, and ma. We welcome you in!" She enthused, and you and Once flushed bright reds.

"We won't ever get married!" You both said.

Hope rolled her eyes, and she turned back to ma.

"Hm, that smells good, what's your mom making?"

You smiled.

"Pancakes!"

He grinned a mischievous grin.

"Can I go help?"

You shrugged. "Sure!"

He ran over there immediately, and began helping your mother cook. They talked like they were old friends.

You smiled, then turned back to your book.

After a while and dinner was done, you all sat at the table and ate. It was absolutely amazing. You all turned to Onceler and your mother, mouths agape. These were the most amazing pancakes you have ever had! 

After you were done, Onceler tipped his hat and left, giving you a little smile, then leaving.

You stood by the door, caught in your dreamy trance again.

"BYE, BROTHER IN LAW!!!"