Thought Detection

Thought Dection
Rank S (Extrasensory Perception

The right temporoparietal junction has been affected by the influence of trion to produce an effect that heightens the ability to understand people's thought processes. The side effect presents as the ability to read the thoughts of others. The individual hears the thoughts of the target in their mind. However, the individual can only read the thoughts of whoever they are looking at. They also have no control over when they read another's mind, as the side effect is passive with no ability to cease the ability. As well, the individual can only read the conscious thoughts of the target, such as what they are currently thinking and/or doing. Sight-enhancing devices do work with the side effect. For example, if the individual were to use binoculars to see the target from a distance, they would still be able to read the target's mind. In the same way, sight-diminishing devices also work with the side effect. For example, if the individual's sight was made blurry due to external circumstances, they would still be able to read the target's mind, but it would cause a headache for the individual after prolonged use due to the strain on the eyes and heightened concentration required.

Strengths: The side effect works with visual assistance devices and little concentration is needed to read other's minds.

Weaknesses: The side effect is unable to be "shut off" and it requires a direct view of the target. It can cause intense headaches or migraines.

Place comments here. →