...𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 sophomore

*̥˚ baby, you're the baddest girl *̥˚

Kailani Dos Santos was like any other teenage girl except for the fact that her parents were  hotshot lawyers and she had everything handed to her for her entire life yet still she faces internal turmoil and feels guilty because she has a perfect life which makes her feel worse and ... sorry. I'm Zendaya, you may know me as the super cool,  hot actress from so many amazing things and you're also probably wondering why i'm here. Kailani and I aren't super similar but we have a few things in common, one being that we both feel the need to prove people wrong because of the shit we've faced. We also are both hilarious and have an amazing sense of style. Basically twins. Today our girl is about to start the first day of sophomore year after a rather eventful past year.

Tensions had been rising with her parents and she was unsure if they were going to get a divorce  and her best friend was paralyzed after witnessing her dad die and being the angel she was took it upon herself to be devi's second therapist. On top of that she has almost a million insecurities one of which being she has never had any romantic interaction ever. Not even a wink from a guy like her other friends. So many people have told her she's so beautiful but she doesn't think so which opens up a whole new can of worms and yeah. Maybe this year will be a little better for our girl. Maybe.

══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══
'Wakey Wakey love, time for school' she was gently shaken awake by her father. Today was the first day back to school and of course had mixed feelings. On one hand she was getting a break from her messed up home life and she getting to see her friends but i'm the other, well it was still school. Sure she got amazing grades because she was determined to get into Harvard (she wanted to be like Elle Woods) and was on top of every class she was in, other than the ones she shared with Devi and Ben. Then and ONLY then was she second (ofc averaging 97+) but it was still school.

She hopped out of bed and kissed her dad good morning and immediately got ready for the day. She had a long shower and brushed her teeth till they were sparkly and got dressed in the cutest outfit she could think of. In her rebranding era. She greeted her mom and got her lunch before hitching a ride from her dad. Though they were loaded her parents made them stay humble, some people could take notes *cough BEN GROSS cough*

'So, you excited for school mija' her dad asked her

'Yeah I guess, I mean it's just school. Are you excited for work?'

'Firstly, it's not JUST school, it's the gateway for the rest of your life, where you make the most memories and the best friends , also no i'm not, the guy I'm representing, totally guilty so I'm trying to play the victim card a lot to lower charges. Being a lawyer is so fun, it is so amazing you're following in me and your mother's footsteps.'

Ahhh, at least they were nice enough to complement each other in the presence of their daughter. Set a good example you know.

'Okay Isaac Romero Dos Santos. I will have a wonderful day at school' she said almost mocking her father as they pulled up to school.

'Wonderful, amazing. Have a good day at school Mija. Please focus. Remember books over boys.'

'Okay Okay Bye I love you !' Books over boys , whatever that meant. She could multitask.

══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══
As Kailani walked into school she felt not a single eye on her. The only time people really payed any attention to her was when teachers congratulated her for her achievements. Of course she wanted to be noticed, so she started being more expressive with her outfits, wearing things more out of her comfort zone.
mostly just slightly muted versions of trendy outfits. Sure she may have liked it this way but she wouldn't mind a change for once.