Chapter 1

Humanity is close to self-destruction, yet you and everyone else have the power to make sure it doesn't revolt. You will face this threat in your world. Soon you will be known as the man whosacrificedfor those you love. Don't repeat the same mistakes. Jaune Arc.

Jaune wakes up to see himself looking at a mirror and someone tapping him on the head.

Doree: Wakey, Wakey little brother, it is not time to sleep.

Jaune: Sorry, I haven't been sleeping lately. Things bothered me yesterday, that's all.

Doree: Well, you need to stay awake for a while, cause I need you to head into town to gather some dust from Borg if you could.

Jaune: Sure thing. By the way, have there been any letters lately?

Doree: Sorry Jaune, I have seen no letters.

Jaune: Oh okay..

Jaune leaves the farm and walks to the town. He is still upset that Ruby hasn't sent him letters, or he hasn't received them.

Jaune: Ruby promised, and no letters have come. Maybe she doesn't know I'm here?

Jaune enters the Tavern, where he sees many locals sitting down drinking and chatting as they watch the Vytal Tournament. Some locals look at him with annoyance and disgust. Heading to the counter, Borg is the only one happy to see him here.

Borg: Oh hey Jaune, sorry for that. The fight is getting intense.

Jaune: It's fine, I just need dust that will help for my sister's farm.

Borg: Sure thing, I will get those things for you. Do you want electricity or plants?

Jaune: Both of them, please.

While Borg headed to the back to gather dust, Jaune sat down on the chair and looked up at the television. He saw Pyrrha and Penny in the finale facing each other.

Local 1: Who do you think will win? I bet my line on Pyrrha Nikos!

Local 2: I don't know about that pal. Have you seen the things Penny did in her last fight?

Local 3: Pyrrha Nikos has never lost anyone, especially since she carried her team, so she cannot lose to these unknown players.

Local 2: Heh, we will see about that, buddy.

All of a sudden the door opens. A long shadow appears outside the tavern as rain pours in. Being about 6 feet 5 inches tall and wearing a green cloak. Every local face turned away from the battle on the screen and towards the unknown figure walking towards the counter.

The Figure: You!

Jaune, being the only one who watches television, turns around to see this figure towering over him. Jaune could see his blazing eyes looking down at him with dislike.

Jaune: C-Can I help you?

The Figure: You are the one, aren't you?

Jaune: The What?

The Figure chuckles and looks at the whole crowd, ready to say something out loud to the rest of them.

The Figure: Everyone, this is the prick that faked his papers and gottento the Academy!

Local 1: Uh yeah genius, we know that for like...seven months, when he came here to stay with his sister.

Local 2: Yeah, it's been a well-known thing through the four kingdoms, don't you know?

The Figure: What, you already know, and you're letting him sit in this place?

Local 3: Well, yeah, we are all just sitting down trying to have fun. Now, can you move out of the way? We are watchingthe Vytal Tournament finale here!