Alternative ending

"Kio behave!" I yelled trying to hold the child still on Levi's knee.

"No I don't want to take a picture!"

"Well tough, sit still."

I managed to make him sit still enough to get the photo taken, I then sighed.

"You're such a pain in the ass." Levi said to Kio.

I stood up and got behind Levi's wheelchair and pushed him out of the building.

After the rumbling, me and Levi stayed together. He eventually forgave me for going against him and we lived in Marley along with Gabi, Falco and Onyakupon. They made sure to keep the fact I was helping Eren a secret so people wouldn't see me as a traitor to all of humanity.

We had a little boy, Kio Ackerman. Obviously we couldn't have kids ourselves so we adopted. Oddly enough he looks like a mix of us, he has brown hair, pale skin and grey eyes. Personality wise he took after Levi in being grumpy all the time.

As we got older Levi's hair turned grey, and weirdly enough only the brown part of my hair turned grey. I was now aging since the titan curse was lifted, but still looked way younger than I actually am.

I took Levi to the tea shop he works at, pulled down my mask briefly to give him a kiss then let him go to work. I picked Kio up and held him on my hip.

I took him back home and let him go play upstairs for awhile. I looked up at the two sets of swords on the walls, one from Levi and the other from me.

Since we were war veterans, we often told Kio stories of our pasts in the scouts while trying to make them sound as not scary as possible.

Kio came running downstairs.

"Can we go see daddy?" He asked.

"Why? Do you miss him already?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Okay go put your shoes on." I sighed as I finished up what I was doing.

I saw that he had put the shoes on the wrong feet so I crouched down and corrected them.

"Alright, let's go." I said opening the door and taking his hand, "Don't run off."

We went down to Levi's tea shop and walked in, I saw Mikasa there. I let go of Kio's hand and he went to go play with Mikasa's daughter.

"Couldn't stay away?" Levi asked.

"Kio wanted to come." I shrugged as I walked towards him and kissed him through my mask.

~~~20 years later~~~

"Dad are you alright?" Kio asked me as I walked up the stairs.

I sighed, "Yeah, your other dad has just been in our room for a long time."

I looked at Kio briefly, for some reason he reminded me a little of Eren which I shook off. I went into my room to see Levi sleeping.

I smiled then sat down on the edge of the bed and brushed his bangs out of his eyes. One thing that struck me as weird is that he didn't stir at all, he's usually a light sleeper.

"Levi?" I asked tapping him gently.

He didn't move.

"Levi?" I asked a bit louder and shaking him this time.

Still nothing.

"Levi!" I yelled shaking him more roughly.

"Holy shit what are you doing?!" He yelled sitting up.

"I thought you were dead!"

He groaned, "My hearing's going.."

"You sure you're not dead?" I asked.

He tried to flip me off but forgot he was missing his middle finger on one hand, so he quickly switched to the other.

"Dumbass." I said.

"Fuck off."

"I love you."

"...love you too bright eyes."