𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘: 1018𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌: none

𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖘: 1018
𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌: none

"Urghhh…" you groaned with annoyance when the alarm was set off. It was your birthday today, you know for sure that there's a surprise awaiting you at the McDuck Manor, but you somehow don't feel well. Your face was heating up and you felt like your throat hurts. How? "Am I sick…? Crap…I screw it up. Should I tell them that I won't make it…? But I don't want to miss the surprise."

You flinched when your phone vibrated on your nightstand. "Donald must be calling me…"

"Hello…?" You answered with a weak voice.

"[Y]! Are you still in bed? And what's up with your voice?"

"N…nothing. Just a sore throat…that's all. I'll be there in a moment. Promise." You crawled out of bed, as you stood up, your legs went numb, causing you to fall to your knees and drop the phone.

Worry after hearing those noises, Donald decided, "We're coming over to your apartment! Stay put in bed!"

"No. There's no need to…"

"I say, stay put!"

The sailor hung up before you could say anything. It's strange, you suddenly became sick with a sore throat. You didn't overworked your ass off, except the paperwork Bradford had given left you numb.

It didn't take long until the Duck Twins entered your apartment before you could crawl back in bed. You remember that you handed them the keys to your apartment in case they wanted to visit you when you're home or not.

"[Y]! We came as fast as we could!" Della exclaimed.

"Please keep it down, I don't want my neighbors to come knocking at my door." You sighed with a sore throat.

"Uncle Scrooge told us to bring you some tea with lemon, it helps you with the sore throat." Donald mentioned, holding a box of tea bags and lemons in his hands. "I'll go make the tea."

"I'll stay here to make sure you won't do anything stupid." Della sighed, helping you get in bed then tuck you in.

"Eh? What about you? You did a lot of stupidly dangerous things." You deadpanned, earning a soft bonk by Della.

"Shut up…!" The female pilot sweatdropped.

"Ow…"

"Did you overworked yourself yesterday?"

"Blame the CFO who gave me paperworks…"

"Bradford, that old boring guy with that boring board meeting?"

"The guy who possibly was the one who caused the family to tear apart. Just watch your back, Bradford…" you thought to yourself.

━━━━━━━

Scrooge was looking through some documents that were printed out from the computer. The scottish were checking the files of the [L] family. He found out that the family was a wealthy family. That explains why you have the money, but your mother…?

She's perhaps a gold digger, using your money to get everything she wants even after her husband left her. Scrooge checked your father's file and found out that he has his own company. What's going on in your family?

"...Hm…"

━━━━━━━

"What?! So your mother was using you for your money! That old witch! I've never liked that old hag anyway, glad I don't have to pretend to be nice anymore." Della huffed, folding her arms. "I've been wanting to call her a gold digger bitch!"

"Della! Language!" Donald scolded his younger twin sister as he handed you a cup of hot lemon tea.

"What? You were thinking the same thing too." The female pilot pouted.

"I…uh…" the sailor stammered before changing the topic, "Y-you're tea is ready."

"Thanks. And I think it's fine if you called her that. She has been a gold digger since she met father." You chuckled. You felt the warmth in your body. How could you have never felt this before? You haven't felt this warmth in a long time.

"…What can I do to repay you guys for helping me?" You asked.

"Huh? Repay us?"

"Anything you want and I'll repay you for taking care of me."

"[Y]...You don't have to repay us." Della smiled. "It's your birthday, so there's no need."

"Yeah. You're our best friend, so there's no need for that." Donald agreed with Della. "So how's your throat?"

"...It felt great and the lemon tea tasted amazing, thanks." You gave a genuine smile, causing invisible arrows to strike in both the twins' hearts.

"So cute..!"

"Oh! We got you a phone chain for your birthday! It's not big, but we know it's from one of your favorite franchises!" Donald said as Della grabbed the chain from the birthday bag. You awed when you recognized the phone chain, "Is that…?"

"Kitty Pom-Pom! Your favorite chubby blue kitty!" Della beamed.

"I haven't watched it since I was five!" You awed with sparkles in his eyes. "Where did you get this?!"

"They were in stock at the store in the city and we thought we would get it for you for your birthday because we know how much you love them." Donald grinned.

"It's a shame the show was canceled before the finale…" You sulked. "65 episodes rules, shame…"

"I know right? Such amazing shows get canceled because of that! I hate it!" Della whines.

"Comics happening, right? They make comics to continue the series." You chuckled.

"So how's the gift?"

"I love it, thank you."

Donald and Della blushed. The sailor then made a request, "Say, do you want to join us on our adventure? We can ask Uncle Scrooge if you could join us."

"Eh? Are you sure? I've never been on much adventure before…"

"Then we will give you the spirit of adventure! It's good for exercising! It'll be your vacation!" Della grinned.

"A dangerous vacation…" Donald sweatdropped.

You thought to yourself for a brief moment. Before you died, you were an insider, never went outside much and your physical condition isn't good. Overworking is bad for you, so it'll be best if you can join them on their adventures. It wouldn't be hard, right?

"I'll give it a try. I just hope Mr. McDuck won't mind if I join you guys."

"Of course! It'll be fun!" The female pilot beamed.