‟ LUCKY TO HAVE YOU „

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Did you see this?"

"Well, good morning to you, too, Sammy." Tate teased as she entered the locker room. She paused, glancing at the boys, all of which besides Dani and Jan Maas frowning back at her. "Okay, I'll bite. What happened now?"

"Jamie's coming back, and Coach didn't even bother telling us."

"Wait," Tate's face scrunched in confusion, attention darting between the upset boys. "If Ted didn't tell you, then how do you know he's coming back?"

"Because look, bruv." Isaac huffed, shoving his phone in her face. Tate held his wrist steady so she could look at the photo, and recognized the setting instantly. Jamie and Ted, sitting at the counter at the Crown and Anchor.

"It looks like they are sitting in that man's hand." Dani grinned, clearly amused by the simple trick of perspective. 

"Yes, it does," She agreed with Dani, hands falling from Isaac. The rest of the boys were waiting for her reaction, her agreement that bringing Jamie back without consulting them was a shitty thing to do. Rolling her eyes, she pinched Sam's arm. "I have an incredibly hard time believing that Ted would bring back Jamie and not tell you all."

"Have you heard anything about it?" Colin asked her, brows knitted in annoyance.

Tate winced, unable to hide her reaction, and the boys picked up on it instantly. Chaos erupted, none yelling at her, more so yelling for her to explain herself.

"Alright, alright," She conceded, waving her hands to shush them. When the boys finally quieted, she averted her gaze to the floor, suddenly feeling childishly guilty. She knew, in reality, that she hadn't done anything wrong, but she also knew how much trouble Tartt caused in the locker room. "I may or may not have accidentally gotten coffee with Jamie the other day."

"Accidentally?" Sam repeated in disbelief. Tate scrunched her face up in a wince, crossing her arms over her chest as if that would get the attention off of her.

"I mean, we both ended up at the same coffee shop—" She pointedly left out the part that he had been following her in attempt to build the courage to talk to her. "—and he asked to talk. So we talked. He wants to come back, and he knows he was a dick."

"You told him no, though, right?" Colin searched her face for confirmation, and Tate glanced behind her, wondering if she would be able to avoid the conversation by simply leaving the locker room—training started soon, and they wouldn't be able to follow her.

"Mon cherie..." Richard trailed off, sounding disappointed. Tate's bottom lip was caught between her teeth, hesitating a moment longer.

"I told him to talk to Ted. That I don't make anything close to those kind of decisions."

"So you are the reason that Jamie Tartt is coming back to Richmond."

"Jan Maas, come on." Tate deflated, guilt pinching her face. The Dutchman hadn't even been present when Jamie was on the team, but she knew he must have heard stories about him. And she knew they were most definitely not positive. "I sent Jamie to Ted. That's all."

"You could have told him to fuck off, though." Isaac huffed. "You know Coach is too nice to tell him no."

"Right, well," Tate drew in a deep breath, her fingers tapping anxiously against the tops of her thighs. "I'm going to my office. When you're ready to have a conversation like adults instead of blaming me for something out of my control, I'll be there."

She turned on her heel, an invisible weight on her shoulders, as she retreated from the locker room.