Scared🌸

Every member of the SMG4 crew was having fun on the showgrounds, except for one of them;SMG3.

Ever since the "it's gotta be perfect " arc, he's been more anxious, for multiple reasons, so he stayed alone everytime he had the chance to do so. Mostly because of these nightmares he's been having where SMG4 would choose the USB, or where they both couldn't make it out in time.

Everyone was having fun and playing some smash bros or other games,.. everyone except of course Three. SMG4 noticed the change in his friend and worried about him.

He carefully got off the couch and wandered behind his RV, thinking that his companion would be here, and he was right.

He was sat on the ground,back to the van with his eyes locked on his phone. He scrolled mindlessly on his phone listening to some music.

SMG4 didn't want to startle him and didn't know what to do so he just stood here, hiding like a little girl spying on her crush.

And it was rather true. Four did have a thing for SMG3. The boy in front of him looked so attractive and enigmatic.
He closed his eyes and turned of his device, his head going slightly backwards.

He sighed ;
"I know you're here Four."

The mentioned one's heart skipped a beat.

"Come here, I don't bite dude"

He stopped hiding and showed himself fully, standing there akwardly fidgeting a bit,looking away.

Three patted a spot next to him and giggled, making his friend stand there, not doing anything but blushing.

He finally sat down but didn't know what to say. There was a silence for quite awhile, which made both of them uncomfortable.

Four decided to finally say something :
"If I came here it's because I need to ask you something"
The man next to him seemed rather stressed about this. Questions like these are always a bit stressful.

With an hesitant tone, he asked ;
"May I know what about, Four?"
"Why have you been so distancing and cold lately? You're avoiding me the most and I don't get it, can I know what's troubling you,man?"

He honestly expected this question. Talking about what happened was taboo so he couldn't just tell him directly. He looked down, he played with his gloves,
trying to think about what to say which worried four.
He softened his voice;

"You can tell me anything you know ?"
"Y-yeah I know it's just that... I'm scared okay?.."
"Why ? Is someone bothering you or-?"
"I don't want to loose you and I've been having those... Nightmares..."

Four seemed compassionate, which made Three blush, when he looked into his eyes, he felt warm and protected, a reassuring feeling filled him. Four started to notice as Three looked more and more relaxed the more he looked at him, their faces getting somehow closer, not bothering them at all.

"Well, what about..?" He spoke so softly that Three could listen to him for hours talking about anything without annoying him.
"About...The perfect video thing... In my dreams you chose the USB, or worse, we both sink with the castle-"

Four flinched at the bad memories, he didn't want to remember any of this and pulled SMG3 into a hug, closing his now teary-eyes.

"I'm sorry... So sorry-.."
"Hey hey it's okay, it's not real okay? Calm down Four."

Three readjusted himself to hug Four back, making himself more comfortable.
He felt tears run down his neck and heard choked sobbs.

"Just let it out man, it's okay, I'm here" Three said in his softest voice. He didn't have the heart to be rude towards the broken man in his arms.

Four stopped holding back his tears, letting all of them out and apologizing profusely. Both boys enjoyed each other's warmth. Four started to slowly calm down as Three switched positions, making Four's head rest on his lap. As Three played with Four's hair, he repeated some words of affirmation ;

"You're really strong,okay? I knew we could go through this together"
"I'll never be mad at you because of something like this"
"We made it out all thanks to how brave you are"
"I truly admire you.. You're so strong !"

Four started to doze off, but before finally falling asleep he looked one last time at Three with his pretty blue eyes filled with tears , smiled then mumbled.

"Can I steal something from you ?"
"Depends on what's the 'something' you're talking about..?"

Four giggled and hugged him and whispered in his ear :

"A kiss perhaps?"

Three started heating up, not knowing what to do. He wasn't against the idea at all but he could only stay still. Four noticed this and stopped the embrace to see if he had Three's consent.

"So may I?"

Three felt really anxious and he was red, he stuttered his answer.

"I-Hum-Yes-I guess-"

Four chuckled at the sight in front of him and didn't loose another second, kissing his partner.

It was a soft, meaningfull kiss full of tenderness and affection , nothing lustful or too demanding, just straight up love that made them feel needed and wanted, which was the case.

After a moment, they separated their lips, panting because of the heat and their need of oxygen.

Three opened his legs and Four got between them, putting his legs around Three's waist,his arms around his neck. Three had his arm resting on Four's waist, preventing him from falling.

Four finally fell asleep with his head on SMG3's shoulder, both of them clinging onto each other.

Three was getting pretty tired too so he murmured
"I love you, good night sweet prince..."
And finally gave into his sleepiness.

As Meggy and Mario looked around, searching for their friends, Meggy finally saw them.

She whispered
"Mario! Come here but stop being so loud-"

He joined his friend and saw the scene before their eyes ;

SMG3 sleeping with his back on the van, Four in his arms, mutually hugging each other.

"I knew they were gay why don't you listen to me?"
"Because we all already knew, we just never actually saw them. Let's leave them shall we?"

Mario hummed in agreement, but before walking away, he pointed a blanket in the RV. She understood and nodded, sneaking in to quickly snatch it.

She returned where the lovers rested and covered them with it.

She high-fived Mario and they both ran to tell all of the crew the good news.

1087 words