Safe Haven

Join me on Patreon to unlock exclusive fanfics and early access to future chapters! Support my work and be part of the journey. Visit the link below to show your support and dive into the exciting world of my stories!:

[patreon.com/Eros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

'My head is buzzing,' Nagi winced, holding his head as he closed the door behind him. Being punched into the concrete was far from a pleasant experience, but he was determined to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

Rei rushed over, her face filled with concern, gently holding Nagi's face to inspect his bandages and injuries. "Oh my god, Nagi! Are you alright? What happened to you?" she asked, her voice filled with worry.

Internally wincing at her touch, Nagi maintained his stoic demeanor, gently removing her hands from his face. "I'm fine, Rei. Just ran into some trouble along the way. Nothing to make a fuss about."

Takashi stepped forward, his tone annoyed and jealous, unable to hold back his frustration any longer. "Where were you, Nagi? You never told us where to meet up, and you just went your own way. And what do you mean by 'trouble'? Don't tell me you angered some people, and now they're after you."

Nagi's eyes flickered briefly, acknowledging Takashi's tone, but he remained composed. "First off, before you guys left, I made it clear that I would meet you at the police station by any means necessary. Second, this so-called trouble is nothing more than a misunderstanding."

Approaching Shizuka, Nagi drew closer to Takashi as time seemed to slow down. With a monotone voice, he uttered, "And finally, Takashi, don't accuse me without cause, for I won't hesitate to defend myself and prioritize survival over your insignificant emotions. Nod if you understand."

With clenched fists and gritted teeth, Takashi slightly nodded, his hair draping over his face, concealing his expression. Without uttering another word, Nagi proceeded toward Shizuka and the rest of the group. Saya approached him, her expression a mix of irritation and concern.

"Where were you?! And why are you covered in those bruises and bandages?! What happened in the city?" Saya's voice carried frustration and concern as she fired her questions at Nagi.

She didn't believe a simple accident could account for his injuries. "Don't tell me 'it was an accident.' My father has bodyguards who regularly train with each other, so I know what a bruise looks like."

Saya's eyes bore into Nagi, her determination evident. She wasn't going to let him evade the truth. Taking a moment to collect herself, she pressed on. "So I'll ask again: What happened to you?" Her tone softened slightly, a hint of worry seeping through her demanding words.

Nagi held his gaze on Saya for a moment before responding with a touch of sarcasm. "Who knew Miss Takagi cared for me so much?" His blank voice lacked emotional inflection, but his remark served its purpose as Saya turned away, her cheeks reddening with a blush.

Seizing the opportunity to divert attention, Nagi shifted his focus to Shizuka, seeking a different interaction. "Shizuka, do you think you could assist me with my patchwork? It seems my previous attempts were less than satisfactory, as you can see."

Shizuka's cheeks flushed with a tinge of pink as Nagi directed his request to her. With a slightly stuttering voice, she replied, "Y-Yes, of course, Nagi. I'd be happy to help you with your patchwork. But first, let's find someplace safe."

Perking up at that, Saeko inquired, "Can I assume you know of a place?" Shizuka nodded in response and replied, "Yes, my friend's flat is nearby. It's just a short walk from here."