It's Nice To Have A Friend

I looked around in the halls packed with students, completely lost in the commotion happening around me. I stared down to my schedule. I looked back up and saw the 'Main Office' sign. I hesitantly walk towards the door knowing that I wont be able to find my way around the school.

"Hi." I uttered in a faint voice as I look up to the office lady. "Yes, how may I help you?" "I'm new to this school, I need help finding my classroom.."

"Oh, Let me see who I can get to help you." The office lady stands up from her chair and walks right past me, opening the door i had originally came in from. My eyes follow her as she makes a motion with her hands, signaling a student to come over here.

"Do you mind helping this young lady find her class?" The office lady tells the student she called over.

"Sure." He replied. I simply looked up, hands gripping on the schedule.

I gazed into his eyes for around a second but looked back down. "Well.. could I see your schedule?" he says and I come into a halt, "Yeah." I replied.

I handed him my schedule fidgeting my hands together.

"Well, thank you for helping Miss.. what's your name?" The office lady asks.

"Jennie." I replied

"Right, Jennie."

There was a short pause as the bell rang loudly.

"We'll be on our way now." The student added in. "Come on." He said.

I followed him in the mostly empty hallways since the bell had rung a minute or two ago.

As we walked in the hallways, I asked for his name to break the awkward silence between us.

"Taehyung." he replies softly.

Taehyung, what a cute name I thought to myself, forming a slight smile.

"Nice name." I muttered back. Taehyung had fluffy black hair, taller than me, and had a average slightly muscular body making the blood rush to my cheeks.

"We're here." He said interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, already?"

"Mhm, see ya." he said waving me goodbye and walking to his class.

Oh how I wish I could go back in time to relive that again.

꧁☆꧂

I walk out my 8th period class as I leave the school doors and stop walking as I feel someone tap my shoulder. I look over to see the familiar face from earlier as he smiles at me.

"Hey Jennie." he says.

"Yeah?" I hum

"Would you want to walk home together?" I can see the nervousness in his eyes as I smile "Of course." I reply.

Well that was quick.

I was never good at making friends and I had spent most of my school life only having a friend or two. Feels nice to meet someone new.

We begin to walk home together in the snow and after a few minutes I realize that I had lost both of my gloves. He chuckles as he hands me one of his. "Here, use this one."

I stare at his glove in confusion, how can someone be so generous?

"Thank you." I reply as I take the glove and slip it over my hand. I look into his eyes and smile watching them light up. We continue walking as the atmosphere is very warm despite the snow and the cold breeze in the air.