✉️Chapter 1: "The Letter..." ✉️

A peaceful morning sun peaked its way out of the mountains and on the top of Willy's Butte. Then the sounds of Sarge's music were turned up too loud to wake up everyone in the townsfolk in Radiator Springs. Lightning groaned as he heard the sound of his alarm clock going off as he looked tired due to his nightmares.

He groaned softly as he rubbed his head due to his headache from yesterday. He was feeling nauseous as he saw the room was spinning. He shook his head as he still looked tired.

"Will you turn that disrespectful junk off?!" Sarge yelled at Filmore as Lightning heard it from a distance.
"Respect the classics man!" Filmore yelled back at him.

Lightning rubbed both of his eyes as he yawned. He took off his covers on his body as he got out of his bed as he headed to his closet, He grabbed the knob of his closet as he opened it like he does every morning.

He found his black sleeveless turtleneck shirt along with his red jacket with a yellow lighting bolt on its white sleeve, and his black jeans. He then found his black cowboy boots, as he went to the bathroom he started the shower. After he was done he came out of the bathroom while he was wearing his outfit that he found.

His hair was fixed up then earlier this morning of how he woke up.

He sighed as he walked up to his bed. He made it as he didn't want to leave his room a mess, right before he would walk out of his room he saw a picture of Doc and him after helping out The King to win the Piston Cup.

"You got a lot of stuff kid..." The voice that sounded familiar echoed in his mind as he looked sentimental as he looked at the photo. Lightning always gets teary eyed whenever he sees a picture of him and the one person he calls him a father figure.

Lightning sighed as he smiled at the picture. "I miss you old timer... But you're on a bigger racetrack in heaven Doc." Lightning said to himself as he thought he sounded crazy when he thought Doc would hear him. But he sounded like was gonna cry.

He then wiped a tear of his face. As he started walking out of the room of his apartment to go meet up with Mater. As he was walking he saw Flo waving to him.

Flo yelled at him. "Hey baby!" Flo said as she was serving a customer a coffee.
"Morning Flo!" Lightning said back as he gave her a smile as he walked away from her Cafe.

As he kept walking he had noticed that Mater's mailbox was overfilled with a bunch of mail. Lightning stared at the box confused as he was about to open it but it exploded everywhere and on him. Lightning looked surprised then blinked slowly as he looked not phased as he stared at Mater's house.

He shook himself out of the letters as he was in there for a sec. "Mater-Why?" Lightning asked himself as he was getting out of the pile of letters.

As he opened the door he saw Mater sleeping on his couch. Lightning sighed as he rolled his eyes jokingly at his friend who he has known since he ended up in Radiator Springs. He slowly walked up to him as he tapped on his friend's shoulder.

"Mater," Lightning whispered, "Mater!" He quietly yelled out to make him wake up.

Mater woke up as he snorted from the sleep he was in. He rubbed his eyes as he saw his bestest friend in the world. Mater gave Lightning the most toothy grin at him of glee.

"Oh, Morning Lightning!" Mater yelled out as he smiled.
Lightning flinched as he heard Mater yelled.
"Ah-! Y-Yeah... Good morning Mater..." He said as he was still sensitive from loud sounds in the morning.

Mater realized that his friend is sensitive to loud sounds in the morning everyday, Lightning hated it. It was like a curse only in the morning. "Oh sorry pal!" Mater as he looked nervous with a smile. Lightning put a hand on a hand on his friend's shoulder as he smiled, Mater sighed in relief as he looked happy.