✸𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Hua Chengzu, your presence has been requested in the heavens immediately,"

The Waning Moon Officer, Yin Yu stated to Hua Cheng, who was busy reviewing some unattended paperwork.

"Tell them I'm occupied, they have some nerve to think they can just tell me to come to them without notice"

The Lord replied, his voice deep and soothing but yet ice cold when spoken to a disliked person, which was practically everyone, except maybe Yin Yu.

"My Lord... It's about his Highness, they feel as if they have found something that could lead them one step closer to his dissapearence"

He was quiet for a few seconds as a delay, then suddenly stood up and turned around, walking past Yin Yin with a solemn expression.

"Watch over Ghost City while I'm gone"

"Yes, Chengzu."

❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏❏

The heavenly capital was as Bright as Ever, with the white jade taking part in almost every structure, and the sapphire blue that was without clouds above them. It was a beautiful day, yet, a sense of foreboding covered the area. Inside the Palace, a meeting, highly confidential, was already taking place, only missing one participant.

Hua Cheng suddenly appeared out of nowhere, right next to Shi Qingxuan and, as a result, scaring him half to death. He jumped 5 feet high, screaming his lungs out and clung onto the Earth Master for dear life afterwards, so much for being proffesional. All the Officials that were there looked at the Ghost King with an unknown expression written on their faces, one couldn't place what they were thinking with appearance alone.

"You've arrived, Crimson sought flower"

Hua Cheng turned his head up to look at the voice who spoke, The Heavenly Emperor sit up in the throne, head rested on his palm, looking down at the officials below him.

"What have you found."

"Straight to the point, I see"

Pei Ming murmured as a snarky remark, only to be ignored by countless people.

The officials there consisted of,

◈Jun Wu,
◈Pei Ming,
◈Feng Xin,
◈Mu Qing,
◈Ling Wen,
◈Qi Ying,
◈Shi Qingxuan,
◈Ming Yi,

8 officials in total, 9 there present including one Ghost King. Well, two Ghost Kings, one in disguise, that is. The last meeting that was held in reaction to the Disappearance of Xie Lian was held 17 years ago, after 3 years of searching for him, they decided to keep it on the down low in the case of something dark getting rumored about, and to save resources also. The quieter the topic, the easier it was to gain information, for example, when His Highness and The Wind Master infiltrated Ghost City to rescue the Earth Master, they went in on the down-low, not any official business.

"So, is anyone going to answer my question? What have you found."

"Crimson Rain, I take it you're familiar with the fall of Xianle, giving your knowledge level and efficiency."

Ling Wen said, it was almost as if a hint of jealousy was there, but everyone ignored it. Hua Cheng simply nodded.

"Well, it appears that throughout the mortal realm, humans have been catching...the human face disease."

Ling Wen hesitated at those last few words, some noticed a few officials shiver or grimace at that disease. Especially the two citizens of Xianle from 800 years ago.