(XXVIII) Bad News

Tigress: - What!? - She asked in shock. - What does it mean? -

Sun Ce: - The news from the Imperial Palace wasted no time in spreading. - The rhino grabs a piece of parchment and hands it to Tigress. When she sees it, she can't believe it.

"The damage to our beloved city has been devastating for all. Many have lost their lives and many more have lost their homes and life jobs. For a long time, the city council has tried to locate the person responsible for such acts fateful, and after a long investigation, it was discovered that the events of the collapse of the streets in the slums and the riots at the Jade Guard station, correspond to, nothing more and nothing less, than the former teacher Tigress and her accomplice Tai Lung, ex-criminal who escaped from Chorh-Gom prison."

After the lies embodied on the parchment that carried the Royal Seal, there was a supposed portrait of the criminal in question

Hong: - But that's not entirely true. Tigress saved the city from the Dwellers. And thanks to her we discovered Captain Chao's plan. Not to mention, she defeated him herself. - He said after a few uncomfortable seconds of silence.

Tigress: - No. - She sentenced. - Is right. I was responsible for what happened in the slums. I thought that rooting the problem would be the best solution, but I only made things worse. -

Hong: - Things can't get worse. - He commented nonchalantly.

Sun Ce: - Hong! - He immediately scolded.

Tigress: - What happened? -

The rhino and the canine looked at each other for a few seconds. Sun Ce looked at Hong reluctantly, and Hong simply lowered his head in acknowledgment of his mistake. It was not the time to say it, but Sun Ce would not beat around the bush.

Sun Ce: - It hasn't been long since we left. - He said after a long sigh. - The citizens that we guarded in the Imperial Palace were evicted immediately. They did not even allow the winter to pass. -

Those words were a dagger to Tigress's heart. She hadn't thought about it until now, but it wasn't so cold anymore, and she could even see the green of the grasses as she walked through the corridors of the place. There was no doubt. Spring had arrived.

Tigress: - How long? - She asked in shock, but the other two didn't know what to answer her. - How long was I unconscious? -

Hong: - Three months. - He said after a long sigh.

Tigress didn't say anything. She simply stood up with all the strength she could muster and prepared to leave the place. She needed some time alone, time to think about everything that had happened. Hong tried to stop her, as her wounds were not fully healed yet, and she needed to rest, but Sun Ce stopped him, knowing that the teacher needed some time to accept the wounds in her mind. Much harder to heal than the ones on her body.

Slowly, Tigress left the room and walked through the deserted corridors of the place, her eyes distracted by anything that caught her attention. Every step she took was done instinctively, as her mind was elsewhere, lost in thought.

Just imagining what those who lost their homes because of her had suffered made her stomach turn, and she felt as if a rickety hand were squeezing her heart. Despite her strong constitution and upright character, she could not hold back her tears when she saw herself in the center of a small garden away from the main building. She didn't know how she got there, but she assumed her feet moved on their own.

She fell to his knees on the grass, but her wounds ached no more than her chest ached. She clenched her teeth to keep from screaming in rage to the four winds and releasing all the curses that accumulated in her throat. The minutes passed and she remained there, motionless, appealing to her own strength not to give in to despair. Even so, those who could see her in the distance, could not do more than look with their heads down, trying to understand what Tigress was suffering.

------------------------------------------------------------O--------------------------------------- -----------------

[Time. Time waits for no one, and nothing is capable of stopping them no matter how much Hollywood fills our heads with illusions. That is why we have telephones and household appliances, to reduce the time we spend doing things or doing tasks. But time was something that in the old ages could not be rushed.]

A month before:

It took two months for the messenger sent by Sun Ce to reach the Valley of Peace. No matter how fast the wind blew in his favor, the letter minted in wax by the rhino's own hands traveled the long way from Gongmen inside the imperial messenger's bag.

His arrival at the Jade Palace did not go unnoticed, and at the gates he was greeted by the enthusiastic Master Monkey.

Messenger: - Letter for Master Po. - He said calmly.

Monkey: - Wow. A letter from Gongmen. Finally Tigress decided to write. - He took the letter gladly and dismissed the messenger.

It was early in the morning, and those who still resided in the Jade Palace were in the kitchen to eat breakfast. Viper served the table for three diners while Po prepared some delicious dumplings to start the day.

Viper: - Do you think Crane is having problems at his old school? Now that he's a teacher... -

Po: - I don't think so. Crane is prepared to do it. He trained a lot for it. I guess he is happy to find old friends. -

Viper: - I guess you're right. -

Po: - Good. Tell Monkey. These dumplings are ready. -

Monkey: - Hehe. I'm here now. -

Viper: - Speaking of the king of Rome. -

Monkey: - Hey. You won't believe who wrote it. - Po and Viper looked at him curiously.

Viper: - Is it from Tigress? - She asked when she recognized the imperial seal on the parchment.

Po: - And what are you waiting for? Read it. -

Viper: - Me. Me. Me. I want to read it. - She exclaimed as if she were a little girl.

Monkey: - Ha ha. Alright. Alright. -

Viper unrolled the scroll and placed it on the table. She began to read enthusiastically, but her smile quickly faded from her face into a look of bewilderment.

Viper: - It belongs to Sun Ce. The captain of the Imperial Guard. - The other two present stopped doing everything and turned to look with concern.

Monkey: - The captain of the Imperial Guard. This does not give me a good feeling. - He said while Viper read hastily to herself.

Po: - What's going on? - He asked worried.

Viper: - It's Tigress. She needs our help. -

Sorry for the short chapter after so long, but I really had a hard time deciding what course of action to take to continue the story. This chapter is like an introduction to the second part. I hope you like what's to come.