Chapter 48. Inferiority

"Ken, are you still not able to boost? It's been two whole months since school started!" Genesis complained on a Sunday morning as the group got up and ready for some breakfast.

"I could but here is the issue, Genesis. I am not yet at expert level so even with a combo attack, my attack is not at master level. Even with boost, I am not at divine level so still can't break your protection. I have to either get stronger and get above expert level or need to be able to somehow double boost." Ken answered the impatient girl.

"Or you can just pay someone and have it removed. Why are you being so stubborn! It's almost like you don't want to sleep with me!" Genesis added suspiciously.

"I am actually using you all as a motivation. Since I obviously do want to sleep with you Genesis. I am trying hard to get as strong as I can as fast as I can."

"Well, you are not getting strong fast enough!"

"Not everyone is a genius like you Genesis! I still can't believe you would waste all that talent and not even try to at least learn teleport or heal or something useful."

"If me learning how to teleport would make you stronger than I could probably teleport by tomorrow." Genesis retorted.

"Are you all just going to ignore the fact that he is basically saying we are not attractive enough so he couldn't get motivated enough to get stronger, faster." Alice decided to join in the conversation.

"Alice! Stop with the false accusations!"

"Ken. Clare just left her room, I think she is going to the dining hall." Emma said softly as she peeked through their door. With that, Ken decided it was time for the group to head down to the dining hall so they could have breakfast and more importantly have another go at talking to Clare.

"Morning Clare! Are you doing anything today?" Ken asked after he located Clare in the dining hall.

After the conversation with Alice, Ken had been trying hard daily to talk with Clare but so far, his efforts have not resulted in any progress as Clare continues to ignore every attempt he made at talking to her.

After another failed attempt at trying to talk with Clare, Ken got back with the rest of the girls and spent most of the Sunday in the training facility working on his boost while also trying to improve his overall ability.

"I'm done! Let's go grab some dinner and call it a day. I shouldn't be working this hard on our only day off! I am going to surpass Lovetta soon if I keep this pace up." Ken proclaimed while breathing heavily.

"My father would be excited if you have surpassed me. He was very excited to see your progress during the tournament and couldn't wait for you to visit again." Lovetta replied as the group cleaned up and got ready to head back to the dining hall.

"Sorry Lovetta, I wish I could but I already promised Seraphina to visit for midterm and Genesis wanted me to go to Feirvenn to visit her mother's grave at the end of the year." Ken replied.

"I understand. Oh! I haven't told you, have I? Ruth was pregnant when I was home so Zeev will be a dad by midterm!" Lovetta replied with a hint of sadness but moved on quickly.

"Lovetta... That's the sort of thing you should have told me on day one when we got back to the academy! Zeev is like my first ever friend! I can't believe you didn't tell me now that he will be a father soon! I need to get them some gifts for you to take back with you after midterm." Ken complained.

"Are you having a baby with Cecilla soon?" Indra asked timidly.

"Na. I am no way ready to be a father yet. Besides, Cecilla is aiming to be the number two hero behind me so she needs to focus on her studies."