01. | a friend

────────.★..─
          CH01 : A FRIEND
─..★.────

NOTICE !: this book will have
some music to go along with
the vibe. ALSO the reader is
nonchalant and calm in this :D

Hey, hi. nice to meet you, I'm [name] and right now probably isn't the best time for introductions because I'm currently chasing after my cat who is constantly just being rather...annoying.

Anyways, I didn't have time for all of that since I had to get ready for this new school. me and my best friend miles recently moved here few months back.

I struggled to put on my shoe as I hopped around on one leg, I had gotten scratched by one of my other cats nearly, my mom...she- she's like a uh, what do they call it? I wouldn't say cat lady— yeah she's a cat lady.

I put on a loose oversized (f/c) chore coat with some brown converse and a (f/c) uniform shirt for that new school I was going to with some jeans.

I had my headphones on as I was listening to my favorite song, I didn't hear my mom calling my name cause I was too busy being distracted.

"[Name]..."

I was bopping my head to the music while rummaging through my closet not even hearing a word my mom was saying.

"[Name]..!"

I jumped and snatched my headphones off, my mom stood in the doorway with her arms crossed and shaking her head.

"Yes? yeah?" I called out and grabbed my backpack, she gestured to her watch and snapped her fingers.

"Let's go." she says and gives me a small smile but then it fades away when she sees the shirt I got bleach on, "what'd I tell you about that? I let you off the hook for a second and then this happens!"

"Sorry mom, sorry! I gotta go I ain't got time to talk sorry." I say and grab my things, she followed right behind me and stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Wait, wait here. remember to call me okay?" My mom says before placing a kiss on my forehead and I cringed, "Eh- don't do that please thank you, love you." I said and ducked away out of her grasp.

She just smiled and watched as I ran out the door and slammed it behind me, I was like, the goofiest only child I swear man.

———

I made my way over to pick miles up, I decided to wait at the stairs for him so I sat down and grabbed my phone. do least to say, miles has been acting very weird around me lately. I don't know if it's something I did but honestly, I'm not gonna question it.

I turned around and glanced behind me when I heard the door open, miles mom was peppering kisses on his cheek. Miles noticed I was standing there which made him blush.

"Okay, okay I gotta go. love you mom bye!" Miles shouted and he ran down the stairs to catch up with me, "Please tell me you didn't see that. please."

I just looked at him with a raised eyebrow before shaking my head while holding my hands up slightly, "I didn't see anything at all."