03. | a change of pace

────────.★..─
CH03 : A CHANGE
OF PACE
─..★.────

I followed miles down to the train with a worried look. were we really doing this? I mean, whenever he got bit that spider probably had to be totally normal right?

I followed him down the stairs and he held my hand tightly, I then glanced down at the spider on the ground.

Okay, that definitely didn't look normal at all. Hm. I did get bit by something yesterday, I was feeling a little itchy today too.

Oh god. this spider has a number on it, the same one had a number on mines too.

42

Then I just shrugged and muttered and 'eh' before miles touched the spider and it glitched. my eyes widened and I stepped back surprised by this.

That's when I heard voices start to echo in my ears and I looked around for the sound, then stopped in my tracks.

'Why is this happening to me?'

'No, no, wake up...
please don't die.
I love you.'

'I'm not
who you
think I am.'

I felt my pupils suddenly start to get smaller and smaller, there was a purple hue surrounding it then it disappeared.

I then turned to miles and he turned to as well and pointed at my eyes, I touched them before shaking my head.

Move.

The voice was like silk when I heard it speak. I covered my ears and winced from the ringing sound in my ears. where was that voice coming from.

Quick.

I didn't even feel my own self when I had grabbed miles and pushed him out of the way so he wouldn't get hurt, I dodged as well.

That went by like a blur. since when was I that fast? yesterday I was moving like a slug when I was helping my mom finally open up her diner.

"Norman, listen to me."

I slowly got up from my spot and stood next to miles, I squinted my eyes and saw some type of..goblin? I need help mentally, cause what was happening?

"Spider-man?" Miles whispered but I quieted him by placing my hand over his mouth, he glanced at me and gave me a nervous smile.

"I cannot let you open a portal to another dimension. Brooklyn is not zoned for that."

"It's not up to me."

Miles eyes widened again, "is that green goblin?!" he whisper shouted to himself.

I popped him on his mouth and shushed him, "Shh!" I whisper shouted myself.

"Why won't you quit?!"

"I guess I like Brooklyn not being sucked into a black hole."