24. Drunk

Grace's pov

I couldn't bear the thought of Arthur being mad at me.

These past days have been hell. I've been sleeping none stop, never leaving my hotel room. I've barely eaten anything and this is making Camilla worried about me. I told her that I didn't want company but she won't leave my side.

I've tried calling Arthur several times, but it goes straight to voicemail. I understand why he doesn't want to talk to me. I wouldn't want to talk to me too.

Charles on the other hand has called me and texted me a few times, but I never responded. I'm not mad at him, however if I spoke to him I wouldn't know what to say. I'm not mad because he's not the one whose in the wrong. I am.

"Grace, this can't go on. You haven't been outside for days now and it's unhealthy." Camilla says while laying down next to me on the bed.

"What do you mean? I'm fine." I tell her.

"No you're not. You keep rewatching The Notebook and you cry harder every single time. You need to get your shit together sometime soon."

"I know but I just can't stop thinking about the way Arthur looked at me. He truly hates me." I say as I dry a tear that was rolling down my face.

"No he doesn't, he's just hurt at the moment and you need to give him some time." Cami strokes my hair gently, trying to make me feel better.

Cami's right. Maybe putting some distance between Arthur and me would be the best decision, at least until he feels like talking to me again.

"Go out with me." Cami says and when I give her a side eye she adds. "Pretty please!"

"You know, I'm actually just going to stay here and rewatch-" I say as I roll to my side.

"The Notebook again?!" Camilla interrupts me while rising her eyebrows.

"I was just going to say Titanic."

"No you're not!"

And with that she drags me out of bed.

                                 -————-

As soon as we head to the bar, I drink my pain away. I can't remember how many drinks I've had so far. Camilla tried to stop me from drinking more than two glasses but I really want to forget about everything tonight.

I head to the dance floor when my favourite song comes on and I start moving my body to the rhythm. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner because I haven't thought of Arthur and Charles for over an hour now.

I see an attractive man who's also dancing and I think 'why not join him' but as soon as I get close to him, he looks me up and down and then leaves.

I thought that was very strange because usually, when we go out, I'm easily approached by men, even though most of the time I don't care for their attention. However, we've been here for more than two hours now and not a single guy will look my way.

Is my outfit ugly or what?

"There's my favourite person!"

Suddenly Daniel appears behind me and hugs me.

"I'll definitely tell Lando that!" I tell him and hug him back.

Then Daniel goes to Camilla and gives her a quick kiss. I make a disgusted face and pretend like I threw up.

"So, Grace are you having fun tonight?" He asks with a confident voice which leads me to believe that he is well informed on me mopping around the hotel room.

"Not really. I haven't found anyone to dance with yet." I tell him with a crooked smile.

"Well obviously, Charles wouldn't have had allowed that." He says and chuckles.

Charles? Why wouldn't he allow that?

"What do you mean? What does Charles have to do with this?" I ask Dani.

"Shit! I wasn't supposed to say anything." Daniel says with a nervous voice.

What was he talking about? What was going on?

"Daniel, is there something you want to tell her?" Camilla says, giving Daniel a suspicious look.

"Not really." He chuckles nervously. "Now that I think about it I'm actually going to go and order a beer." He says and heads for the bar.

I follow behind him. Now I'm curious to know what he is hiding. Especially because it has something to do with me.

"Daniel! You can't run away from this! Especially from me!"

"Alright, alright." He says and takes a sip of his beer. "Charles is going to kill me." he whispers and then takes a deep breath.

I look at him impatiently, dying to hear what he has to say.

"When you and Cami came, me and the boys were already here. When Charles saw you he went around and basically told everyone not to approach you or even look your way."

"What?!"

Why would he do that? He has no right to do that.

"Don't tell him i told you this, I'm too handsome to die" Daniel says.

I start looking around but I don't see Charles anywhere.

"Don't worry, he already left."

I'm literally furious right now. Where did he get the nerve?

I decide to text him -which might not be a smart choice- so I pull my phone out.

"Don't text him anything you will regret tomorrow. You're already too drunk." Camilla tells me when she sees that I open the chats with Charles.

I ignore Camilla and I ignore the previous messages Charles has sent me and I text him 'thank u for ruining my fun' . Two minutes later I see that Charles has seen my message but he didn't reply.

This made me even more mad so I decided to head to the bar and drink some more.

                                —————

Too many drinks later get me thinking of Arthur and I feel like I want to cry again.

Is he thinking about me too? Will he ever speak to me again? I pull out my phone and go through our text messages.

So much for a fun night out.

Suddenly I get an urge to hear his voice so I call him and to my surprise, it starts ringing...

"Hello?"

••••••