Chapter 5

"Om" Shivaay called out to him. Omkara's eyes meet his for the first time after they meet today. It was not the cold and icey one but a blank stare. He couldn't read what that meant.

Rudra hugged Om tightly and started to cry. Shivaay too joined it. Om stood there neither pushing them away nor hugging them back. Tears were rolling down from Tej and Shakti's eyes. Breaking from the hug Shivaay asked " Where were you till now Om, we were searching for you all these years. Everyone is waiting for your return Om. We know we did a mistake but don't punish us so much. I am sorry ..."

"How can you leave your Rudy and go, O. Do you know how much I missed you, how much I cried for you. Please come home, I am sorry..." Rudra said and seeing Om not responding he added again " Atleast come to see Prinku. You know our innocent  sister had gone all furious for you and confronted everyone like a lioness. She hadn't talked to us for long time before forgiving. Please come na..."

Omkara looked at him hearing that. He didn't expect a reaction like this. He thought they till thought like before only. He wondered whether everyone found him innocent. But however he was not that Omkara now. It's true that he doesn't have any ill feelings towards them but at the same time he cannot go back to being the same like before. That day he truly felt lonely, he had lost everything. All his life what had kept him moving was his brother's love and his philosophies. That day he lost everything, all his philosophies felt useless and he lost his brothers trust. He had lost his family for whom he lived.

He is ready to face them but can't allow himself to go through that pain again. He decided to go there but still keep himself in a distance.

"Okay" he replied. They all left the board room. Shivaay and Rudra waited for Om to get into their car, but Om directly went towards his car as his gaurds opened the door for him. Neil came towards them and said " You can start, we will be followings right after". Rudra and Shivaay was hurt but they masked it and nodded at him.

The Oberoi ladies waited at hall eagerly as Tej informed that they will reach shortly with someone special. They were anxious from the tone in which Tej talked and silently prayed for that to be Omkara.

They held their breaths as they saw Omkara walk in. It was Priyanka who broke out of her daze first , running to him and hugged him. She started crying vigorously and Omkara hugged back patting her head and rubbing her back to calm her down. "Why did you leave me and go" she ask after calming down a little. He looked at her helpless and seeing that she said " It's okay. Now don't go leaving me"  Omkara smiled a little and nodded at her. Jhanvi came to him and cupped his face in her palm crying and said " I am sorry my child, I couldn't be a good mother to you. Please forgive me" . Omkara stayed silent as she hugged him, he always loved his mother but felt hurt as she never stood for them. He forgive her but something was stopping him. He knew she love him and will be hurt, still he couldn't help but be selfish now and protect his heart from getting hurt.

Dadi came forward hugged him and said "Om putter, forgive this Dadi of yours. I am sorry"  after breaking out of their hug she caresses his face.

He also noted the new faces and understand they are his sister in- laws. Seeing his expression, Shivaay comes forward and introduce his wife "This is my wife Annika, and this is my son Shivansh. We call him Ansh". Omkara greets them with a small smile. Rudra also does the same, "This is my wife Bhavya" .

Omkara after greeting them asked "Can I go to room?". Every member was upset as Omkara behaved indifferently. Shivaay said "It's your house Om, why do you need to ask?" . After being silent Omkara speaks "Please arrange a room for Neil. He will be staying here" and he left for his room.

The family stood there dumbfounded as they realised that the damage was so deep and it will take a lot of time for the wounds to heal. They had never seen him like his and seeing him behaving as a stranger is breaking them.

Later the men had explained to the ladies about what happened in the meeting. They couldn't believe that Om had chosen the thing he hated once, and they teared up hearing about the cold OSO.

His aversion to marriage and relationships had made them assume that he is alone.

It was night and till now Omkara didn't talk to them. He had left in the afternoon for some work and reached only two hours before and hadn't came down till now. They all waited for him to join the dinner.

The family doesn't know what to talk to him. One reason is that his present behaviour is hurting them and they are clueless of what he is thinking. Another reason is that they don't know how to bring the past as they don't know how he will react to it. They are afraid that if anything went wrong Omkara would leave them again.

Omkara comes and takes his seat, looking around he call for Neil. Neil come there immediately and ask "Yes sir?" . Omkara gave him a look and said "Sit and why are you calling me sir? It's not office hour".
"Bhaiya that.." he says as he rubs his neck and looks and other in the table. An amused Jhanvi says "Sit beta why are you looking at us" . Even though everyone was amused at Omkara for having informal relation with his PA, they understood he have an important place in Om's heart they decided to try there to know about him from Neil.

Everyone dispersed after the dinner. Shivaay and Rudra waited at pool, hoping against the hope for Om to come there. Om stared at them from far away for some time before walking away.

Omkara layed in his bed, as thought about the day. He had done a small investigation about all that happened in these ten years. He was shocked by the changes that had taken place in his father. He doesn't want to judge it in haze. He cannot take a decision now, he decided to wait and see how things would go.

His thoughts were back to his family. Gauri had informed him about the delay in coming due to wheather. They would only reaching the next day morning. He want them to reach soon and be in the safe arms of his love.

*********************

It was nine in the morning, Gauri and the kids landed in Mumbai. After getting inside the car, she immediately contacted Neil.

"Bhabhi, did you reach Mumbai?" asked Neil. After informing him about their journey, she ask "Where is Omkaraji?" . "He is about to start a meeting, I will inform him now itself" hearing his she decides to execute her plan. It was when Haanu had been saying of giving Omkaraji a surprise, a idea struck her. She had proposed it them and they agreed excitedly.

"No, don't tell him now, after the meeting gets over inform him. I will be directly going to Oberoi Mansion" she said and gave him instructions about what he need to do for her to  enter there without any security issues and implement her plan. After hanging the phone, she smiles mischievously winking at Haanu. Afterall Ahaana Singh Oberoi is taken after her mother in this department.