Chapter 5

A few days before the battle, everyone was outside doing around training session. Christopher was sitting on the step, watching, which was what most of the people who didn't have powers were doing.

"Hey Christopher." Someone greeted him.

Christopher looked up to see Tanya standing next to him. "Hi." He greeted. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good." Tanya replied. "You want to get closer to the training?"

"Sure." Christopher answered. As they walked closer, their hands touched.

"Ahh!" Tanya said.

"What?" Christopher asked.

"Did you just shock me?" Tanya asked.

"No." Christopher said.

"Tanya? Christopher?" Eleazar said. "What's wrong?"

"Christopher just shocked me when our hands touched." Tanya explained.

"I thought you said you didn't have a gift." Carlisle said to Christopher.

"I don't." Christopher said.

"The shock felt like Kate's electricity powers." Tanya added.

"What's going on?" Edward asked as he brushed past Christopher.

"I've never heard of or seen two vampires having the same ability." Carlisle thought, looking at Edward. "Aside from the tracking ability."

"I already told you. I don't have a gift." Christopher said.

The other two Cullens looked at him in surprise. "Did you hear that?" Edward asked.

"What Carlisle said?" Christopher questioned. "Yeah. What's the issue?"

"I didn't physically say that." Carlisle explained. "I thought it."

Now, Christopher looked confused.

"Hmm. I wonder." Carlisle said, mainly to himself. "Where's Benjamin?"

"Inside." Edward answered.

"Benjamin, do you mind coming outside for a moment please?" Carlisle called.

Benjamin, along with the others of the Egyptian Coven, walked outside.

"What is it, Carlisle?" Amun asked.

"Touch Benjamin." Carlisle said to Christopher.

"Why?" Christopher asked.

"Just do it." Carlisle said. "I'm testing something."

Christopher touched Benjamin. "Now what?" He asked.

"Create a fireball or snowball." Carlisle said. "Just do something."

Christopher looked at Benjamin. "What am I supposed to do?" He asked.

"Just concentrate on making whatever it is your trying to make." Benjamin explained. "Visualize it in your head."

Christopher concentrated on creating a fireball and it appeared in his hand. He threw it at a tree.

"So, what does this mean?" He asked.

"Eleazar, could this be some kind of power transference thing?" Carlisle asked.

"Possibly." Eleazar said.

"What does that mean?" Christopher asked.

"It seems you have a gift that allows to have other's ability by touching them." Eleazar said. "You got Kate's powers when you touched her the other day."

"You got my mind reading power when I brushed against you coming outside." Edward added.

"I've been a vampire for almost four hundred years." Christopher said. "How is it that I didn't know I have this power until now?"

"You've been a nomad all this time and the only vampires you have met until now don't have abilities." Carlisle said.

"So, what now?" Christopher asked. "Do you want me to use this during the battle?"

"No!" Carlisle and Eleazar both said.

"Aro likes recruiting vampires with unique and powerful gifts." Eleazar explained. "And yours certainly qualifies."

"If Aro finds out that you have this gift, he'll want you part of his guard and you'll never see Paige again." Carlisle continued. "If you want to make sure you stay with your daughter, Aro can't know about your gift."

Christopher nodded. He walked off on his own for a bit, thinking about Paige.