Chapter 54

Omniscient POV:

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Jimmy Kimmel began, standing in front of his desk as the audience's applause died down. "Our next guess is truly a sweetheart that I've had the absolute pleasure of meeting today. Beginning her career just about three years ago in Europe, where she was born and attended college, she quickly rose to stardom after the viral release of an EP the year she graduated. Her then debut single, 'Careless,' sold out worldwide and she didn't stop there, wowing us with a hit album that's immediately gone platinum with over three hundred million streams on Spotify and Apple Music." Standing anxiously behind the curtain, Lauren wore a smile of blatant surprise in response to a seemingly colorful introduction. "After spending most of her career in London, England, she's recently decided to kick things into gear here in the U.S. This young lady has quickly taken the nation by storm and I have a feeling she's just getting started. So without further ado, please welcome Ms. Luna Re to the stage!"

Dazzling music cued as velvet curtains parted, revealing a bashfully beaming Lauren

Dazzling music cued as velvet curtains parted, revealing a bashfully beaming Lauren. The sight of a standing and applauding audience and smiling production members as well as host made her feel like a peacock in the zoo. She didn't mind it though, seemingly.

A light hug was exchanged between the two. "Thank you so much for having me. Hi you guys!" Lauren greeted the audience before taking a seat along with the smiling host.

"Oh the pleasure's mine, how are you?"

"I'm great, and you?"

"Good, good-"

"I love this tie," she lifted a hand to point at it with a smile.

That got him to appear flustered, gaining a reaction from the audience. "Oh thank you, that's sweet of you-"

"Of course," Lauren said softly.

There was a slight pause, as he regrouped, before Kimmel leaned forward as if there wasn't an audience. "So Luna.."

Lauren raised a skeptically amused brow, glancing between him and the audience. "Yes?..."

"I've got a question for you.."

She grinned, shrugging a single shoulder. "And I may have an answer-" the audience snickered while Kimmel smiled.

"What prompted the move from the London to the U.S?" Lauren could feel all eyes on her as he leaned toward her, on his elbows, with a curious grin. "Was it the no Chick-Fil-A?" The audience laughed as she dropped her head with a chuckle of her own. "Or the lack of bottled water?"

"Well, if you must know," she began, crossing a leg over the other as she leaned on her elbow as well, mirroring his position. "Though you've got to know the right places and the right people, the bottled water in Europe is pretty exquisite. At least where I lived, that's for sure-"

"Was it really?" Kimmel day back in his seat, seemingly taken aback. "Was it all fresh and magical?" He asked, sparking his fingers with the words. Lauren laughed,