Chapter 9: The Museum

Ext. Yusuke's House – After School

The group leaves Yusuke's house as he escorts them out the front door. Persistently, Ryuji still attempts to warn him about the danger Madarame presents to him.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Come on, man, you have to listen to us; that Madarame guy is using you for your art...

Yusuke Kitagawa: You continue to try to insult my Sensei without any source of proof except for a former angry pupil's claim. MADARAME IS A GOOD MAN; HE TOOK ME IN WHEN I WAS MERELY A CHILD AND HAS TAKEN GREAT CARE OF ME SINCE THEN! I will not stand for any more slander against him, do you understand me, you delinquent?!

Upon hearing all of the commotion, Madarame, who is now much older, comes to greet Akira and his friends.

Ichiryusai Madarame: What's going on out here, Yusuke; why are you making such a racket? Oh, I didn't realize you were having guests over...

Yusuke Kitagawa: Sensei, I apologize for my loud outburst; these three were trying to spread lies about you...saying you steal paintings...it's...utterly insane!

Ichiryusai Madarame: Yusuke, you shouldn't get mad at them; they are entitled to their own beliefs. They may think whatever they want; I'm an established artist and criticism is part of the profession. Trust me, I've heard plenty of rumors over these years; I've learned to just shrug them off.

Yusuke Kitagawa: I...you're right...I acted...brashly...

Ichiryusai Madarame: I don't mind the four of you talking but if you wouldn't mind, would you please keep it down; it doesn't bother me but the neighbors have a tendency to get annoyed easily.

Madarame notices Ann.

Ichiryusai Madarame: Oh, you must be the girl that Yusuke was getting all excited about painting; you are really pretty...

Yusuke gets embarrassed.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Sensei...

Ichiryusai Madarame: You know, that sparkle in your eye, miss...it reminds me of...

Madarame turns quiet and doesn't finish his statement as the others look at him in confusion.

Ichiryusai Madarame: Oh, I'm sorry, I got a bit off topic there; I have some things I need to work on, so you three have a great rest of your day. If Yusuke hasn't completely scared you three off, you three are welcome back whenever you want.

Madarame leaves as Yusuke looks at the group, sincerely.

Yusuke Kitagawa: I...shouldn't have gotten so angry...

Ryuji Sakamoto: I shouldn't have pushed you so far; my bad, dude.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Ann...you don't have to come back and help me finish the painting if you don't want to...it's sick that I used that as leverage for not calling the police. I'm disappointed in my actions; well, perhaps, our paths will cross, again. Until then, take care...and you have my number if you need to reach me, Ann.

Yusuke makes his way back into the house and closes the door behind him.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Damn, that could have gone better...

Akira Kurusu: I told you it was a dumb idea for us to come.

Ann Takamaki: I don't think you guys realize that he wants to paint me nude!

Ryuji Sakamoto: No, I do but I mean, I can't really blame him for wanting to do that...

Akira Kurusu: Maybe, I should get into painting...