Chapter 3

Clay went home soon after dinner, not wanting to invade George's personal life for too long. He didn't go inside for a while though.

He sat in his driveway, avoiding his parents, but also thinking about the handsome boy that he just hung out with for about four hours.

Finally pulling the keys out of the ignition, Clay got up and walked inside. His family was eating dinner at the table when he walked in.

He didn't nod, nor smile, as he walked in. He rushed around the table and tried making a move to the stairs. He was not ready to have a similar conversation like he did after school.

                                                                                            ↜↝

With a slam, his father hit the table, furious.

"You are wrong, young man," he yelled. "You're messing with the devil by what you claim is 'being happy'!"

"Do you even hear yourself," Clay shouted back. "Why can't you understand that I didn't choose this? I can't help it! Why did you and Mom get married? Because you love each other! Did you force yourself to fall in love with her?"

His father turned a crimson color. "Boy, you do not get to shout at me! And no, I didn't. Because a man loving a woman is normal! Not a man loving a man!"

How did this argument even start again? Clay couldn't remember. His vision turned red as he stormed out of the room after grabbing his keys.

"Where are you going this time?"

Clay glanced at his little sister, Samantha. "I don't know. Don't wait up for me." With that, he stormed out of the house.

                                                                                      ↜↝

"Where were you," a stern voice said from the table. His mother was starting it this time.

Clay didn't turn around. "I was at a friend's house," he mumbled.

"Nick's?"

"I have more friends than just him you know," Clay snapped, finally spinning around to face them.

"Snap at your mother one more time and you are in deep shit, young man."

How about you fucking suck my-

Clay's mother interrupted his foul thoughts. "Was it a boy?"

Clay scrunched his nose and turned around. "Good night."