ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1

artwork is not mine! by @exellero on artstation!

*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙ ˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

The girl swam up to the surface, letting out a loud gasp of air. Surrounding her was a clear and calm river with a waterfall drizzling onto the rocks nearby. The river was gorgeous, containing all kind of aquatic plants, her favorite being the lotus flower. The girl closed her eyes and smiled while she ran her hands through her hair. She began to swim back to shore, letting her fingers go through the river as she leaves. "Thank you, river," She whispered. She would always wash herself in this river. It was the cleanest and calmest, but most importantly, it had a great view for the sunset. It was evening, and the sun was just about to set. As she began to leave the water, she grabbed the only piece of clothing she had. Laying on the ground was a beautiful silver dress. As her only piece of clothing, it became more damaged overtime. Running around in the forest all day was a great way to ruin your clothing.

She dressed herself and rang out her long black hair. She sat down on the sand, letting out a sigh. She watched the water breathe and move, smiling to herself when she saw the lily pads. After a few moments of just watching the water, the sun began to set, letting the moon rise. The moonlight on the water was always a sight the girl had to see. How beautiful, she thought. After the sun had fully set, and the moon was shinning all around her, she rose from the ground and stood up straight. In the corner of her eye however, she saw her favorite; a lotus flower, gleaming at her. "May I?" The girl asked, and in response the river gently guided the lotus flower over to her. She picked up the flower and placed it in her hair.

Then, she began to run, running into the forest as fast as she could with her white eyes glimmering. She let out a light smile, already tired as swimming took most of her energy. As she ran, she lightly guided the nature around her. Leaves, branches, flowers, and vines all following her as she ran. A green mist began to follow her as well, a sign of her magic. Her environment quickly joined them, dancing around her. After a while of running through the forest, she came to a halt. She released the nature she held, and her green mist and glow slowly began to fade.
"Axel?" She hollered, while trying to catch her breath. Almost immediately she heard a howl. She quickly turned to the direction of the noise, and she smiled once she saw a beautiful and large wolf emerge from the shadows. "There you are, pretty boy," As the wolf approached her, his bright yellow eyes began to show. He runs to her, almost jumping into her arms. She laughs while dodging the wolf. She begins to run once again, letting her wolf chase her. All around them were the beautiful long green trees that flooded the forest. Branches and vines in almost every corner, barely showing the sky. The girl would either have to climb the trees or ask the vines to let her see the sky. Tedious as it may be, she would never regret it each time. While it was quite hard to see, the moon shined just bright enough for her to be able to see where she was going.

After minutes of running, the girl becomes tired once more. "Okay Axel, I'm getting tired..." She motions her hand to calm the wolf, her way of saying "Stop." Axel stops in his tracks, and then begins to walk toward the girl. She had stopped running, laying flat on the ground. She let out a breath of air, and began panting as she looked towards the trees up above. The wolf laid down next to her, releasing a puff of air as well. "You're tired too, huh?" She responded, with a slight laugh following. She began to pet Axel's soft gray and white fur, while positioning herself to sit on the ground. The wolves and her would usually run around the forest, getting dirty and causing chaos throughout the forest. The wolves saw her as their mother, and respected her as such. They were all each other had. Axel, was the oldest. Samuel, the middle child, and Israel, the youngest.

The girl got on her elbows to continue petting Axel. "Find your brothers," She commands, letting Axel rise immediately for his search of his brothers in the forest to begin. After Axel left, the girl stood up to look at the trees once more. Her eyes quickly began to glow green, with green mist following. She reaches out her arm, and watches the tree branch move toward her. She reaches for it, and sits on top of the branch. Slowly, she guides it into the sky. Moving for a safer position, she jumps onto another branch. After situating herself, she looks into the sky and smiles. As she looked, she saw the beautiful stars shining brightly in the night sky.

She loved watching the stars, it always made her feel closer to who she was. A wonderful comfort she wasn't quite sure why she had. Years ago, she woke up all alone in this forest, with her wolves surrounding her. Unsure of who or what she was, she let the forest take her in as one of their own. The stars however, were neutral. They never spoke or asked anything of her. They were just there, watching, beautifully and calmly. It was a rare instance to see the stars, but every time she saw them she never failed to smile.

All of sudden, loud howls are heard echoing all around the forest. The girl smiled at the thought of her wolves screaming at the moon, but it also makes her realize it's time to say goodbye to the stars. She looks up at them one more time before asking the branch to bring her back onto the ground.

However, as she looked closer into the sky, she saw a figure. A large winged-animal, perhaps. But as it began to move closer towards her, the figure become more clear. The girl's eyes widened as she realized what it was. It was a man.