ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

ི༏❀✧˖°𓍊

The winged-man begins to move away from the girl, with shock and fear in his eyes. As the girl walks closer to him, his eyes emit a red glow while he prepares his fists; ready to attack. Shock fills the girl, and before she knows it, the vines are grabbing the man and restraining him, while her wolves are growling and surrounding her. The vines pull him to a tree, wrapping the winged man around it, being careful not to hurt the wings. Although the vines mean to protect the girl from him, they have no means to attack him.

The wolves surround him, waiting for the girl's word to attack. The man struggles as his red glow fades away. He ultimately finds himself stuck, just like the ogre minutes ago.

"What the hell?" The winged-man says to himself.

"Boys, it's alright," The girl whispers as she stands up straight, teeth clenching with worry. She walks over to her wolves, then precedes to pet them.

"Who are you?" The man asks, and for a second, she froze. She had never been asked that question before. How could she answer? She turned to look at him. Staring intensely, she watched as the vines pulled him in tighter as he tried to move.

After years of thinking she was alone, there he was. A man with wings and the ability to emit fire from his hands. Was she like him? Was she a fairy as well? Could he be her answer? Her answer as to who she was? Who she is supposed to be?

"My name is Xylia." Immediately after speaking, she began to look away into the forest. The girl found herself incredibly nervous and also shy.

A beautiful and powerful winged man was standing there right in front of her. Although he was restrained by the vines, she felt like he had more confidence, like he was the one with the upper hand.

When the man had her answer, he looked rather annoyed, as if the girl's name did not matter to him. "Xylia...?" He asks, waiting urgently for a response.

"If you're asking for a surname, I'm afraid I can't give it to you." The man says nothing, and continues trying to free himself from the vines.

She begins to play with her hair, and takes a deep breath. "Axel, take your brothers to rest. I will be alright," Xylia says. The wolves hesitate, but begin to leave her and the winged man alone. She watched as the wolves go farther and farther into the woods. The further they went, the nervousness increased, but she needed to do this herself.

After they're gone, Xylia looks at the man, watching him continue to struggle. "I was hoping maybe you could help me." She says, and this time, he was the one who froze.

"And why do you think I could do that? How would I even help you? More importantly, WHY would I help you?"

"Well, I did save your life... and aren't we the same?" The girl asked, with a smile on her face. "We both have magic, or powers, or whatever this is." She says as she raises her hand to emit her green glow. The man watches as her eyes turn green, and the environment around them begins to move. Xylia stops the glow after asking her question, and the environment stops shortly after.

"We are NOT the same. I would rather take my own life than help a light fairy."

Shocked, the girl looked away, turning her head upwards to the sky. This was going to be harder than she thought. Are they not the same at all? What if he couldn't help her?

She took a deep breath, and turned to look at the man once more.
"Are you that filled with hatred?"

The man had no response.