Chapter 6: I Found You

/Aqua Pov/

Date: March 4

Location: Ai's old apartment

The person who organized Ai's death 13 years ago is here. Hikaru Kamiki is a serial killer who murdered numerous celebrities and idols. He won't be arrested even if I did give his name away in the film because he was still a minor at the time he killed Ai. Before the director, Taishi Gotanda, and I began filming, we searched the country for talented actors to play the parts that would be most suited for them.

Yura Katayose was one of the actresses we noticed with strong acting abilities. She was the top actress in Japan, and my strategy of getting more people to see the movie will undoubtedly benefit from her popularity. But after speaking with her manager, we learned that she actually vanished and hasn't been seen since. When I asked about who she was hanging out with, her manager responded that she occasionally sneaks out with her drinking companion, however he is unaware of his appearance.

I became suspicious about this, but had a hunch Hikaru was responsible. Since he always targets well-known idols and celebrities. I was able to obtain authorization to review the security cameras in the neighborhood, one day while I was in the location of Yura's last known whereabouts. I was able to identify a man with ponytailed hair and a hat. But as soon as I saw his eyes, I recognized him. But I couldn't verify it till the following day because my time was up. Therefore, when I returned to examine the security cameras, all of the recordings that featured him were completely gone; it appeared as though he had simply vanished.

I never revealed to the police who I was looking for because this was top-secret. I was unable to inquire as to whether the recordings had been hacked. This only made it more difficult for me, but only because I wanted to kill him. I made the decision to look for the proof later, before he realized I was on him. Though the director and I had intended to use this film to get the police to look into Hikaru, I actually had another plan in mind.

I wanted to kill him myself!

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him!

With a sinister delight, I released an evil laugh that reverberated through the air. However, my moment of twisted amusement was abruptly interrupted by a sudden recollection of my mother's words.

{You two might become idols when you grow up. In any case, please grow up healthy. As your mother. That's all I want.}

Hayst, why did that memory have to come up? I'm sorry Ai, but I had no option but to kill him when that mystery girl told me you wouldn't be reincarnating like me [Note: The mysterious girl is sort of the goddess of that planet(Crow Girl), who knows who gets reincarnated or not. She is also known to be omniscient of the world]. I couldn't help but feel resentment when you had to die that way. The world treats you far too unfairly; only he deserves to die, not you.

*Creek*

The door opened up from behind me.

He's here!

"Well, well, well, isn't this my precious son Aqua."

Locking eyes with him, my gaze bore into his soul, brimming with anger. My voice dripped with fury as I pronounced his name with contempt, "Hikaru Kamiki!"

Hikaru's laughter erupted, a chilling and maniacal sound that filled the air, "Oh, this isn't how a father and son should meet, is it?" he jeered, his smile contorted into a sinister grin.