Chapter 7: Reunion

/Ai Pov/

"Waaaaaaaa!"

Why hasn't Akari arrived yet? Four hours have passed!!! Isn't the film only an hour and a half long? Why hasn't she arrived yet? Is she in any danger? Has she been robbed? Or...

Did they discover out she is a teen mom and are now bullying her?! AHHHHHH!!! I'm worried!

"Waaaa! Waaaaa!"

"Isn't her caretaker supposed to pick her up two hours ago?" said one of the babysitters.

"We received a message that she will be extending the time due to something, but I heard she is on her way right now," said another babysitter.

Aghhh!!! I wish I could see Akari right now-

"I'm here!" exclaimed Akari as she rushed through the door. "Where is she?" she said, a worried expression on her face.

Akari is here!!! She looked incredibly beautiful when she walked in!

A babysitter gently lifted me from my crib and handed me to Akari, saying, "Here she is. She's quite an energetic little one..."

Akari carriedme lovingly in her arms, her face beaming with pure joy.

Akari, I miss you so much! What took you so long? Did you get attacked? Were you injured?

Tears welled up in my eyes as I hugged Akari tightly, my small chubby baby hands grasping onto her shirt for comfort.

"Aww, it seems she really missed you," the babysitter remarked, smiling warmly at Akari.

Akari's eyes welled up with tears as she whispered, "I'm sorry I took so long, Ai."

She embraced me tightly, gently stroking my head as if to comfort me.

Then Akari turned to the babysitter and said, "Thank you for watching over her."

"That's what we do," the babysitter responds. "Say, you really like this baby. Are you her daily caregiver, by chance?"

I looked up at Akari, my eyes filled with anticipation and a hint of panic.

Ahhh! Don't say you're my mother! You'll be in big danger.

Akari was taken aback for a moment, then chuckled softly and replied, "Well... I suppose you could say that, hehe."

Phew!

"Safe travels!" the babysitter bid us farewell as we exited the building.

"Did you have fun?" Akari asks.

It wasn't much fun, considering I'm a 20-year-old adult inside of me. The other babies were all chewing on their fingers and screaming and crying the entire time! *You were crying the entire time too*

I gazed up at Akari and was captivated by her radiant smile. In that moment, I couldn't help but feel like the most special person in the world.

Akari, I really miss you.

Little by little, I began to realize just how special Akari was to me as well.

After that, we stepped in a cab and headed straight home.

On the way, Akari said to me, "We have a few fun guests at home, Ai."

A few visitors? So they must be aware that she has a child, right? It would be strange for Akari to have visitors at her home while she has a baby.

When we got home, I spotted a bunch of shoes right at the door.

We really do have guests here...

Akari swung open the door with excitement and called out, "I'm home!" Her voice filled the room with a sense of cheerfulness and anticipation.