04| One or two scoops?

Beautiful cover by bxllatrxx

It's Saturday, two days after I caught my boyfriend cheating on me. For the past two days I have been doing my chores around the house without hassle, then lock myself in my room.

This morning I woke up to messages from my friends, asking me to meet. So here I am dressed and on my way to town. I'm about to open the front door when mama calls me.

"Karabelo, you are not going out without eating. What's going on? Are you pregnant?" She shouts.

"Really mama?" I ask her going back to the kitchen to take some fruit.

"What can I say? Each time you are stressed you don't eat."

Mama is right, when I'm not fine I eat sweet food and refrain from eating healthy. I wish I could tell her what's going on, but where would I start?

"I'm fine, mama. I'm late for lunch with the girls." I tell her heading to the front door again.

"I forgot to tell you, your father wants to know how long you will be touring Wits campus"

Yikes! I completely forgot that I lied about that. I guess I will have to down play it's importance so they let it go.

"I'm having second thoughts about it, I want to spend time with you before going to uni. I should get going. Bye!" I answer before running out of the house.

🍨🍦

Two hours later the girls and I are eating ice cream after telling them what happened between Gift and I.

I blocked him for fear that I might forgive him. I have just finished my ice cream when the waiter from last time comes over holding more ice cream cups. I look at the girls, and they just shrug their shoulders.

"How about another scoop of ice cream? It's on the house." He smiles looking directly at me.

"Thank you so much..?" Kiki says awaiting his name.

"Katleho, but you can call me Kat." He says walking away.

I look at my ice cream cup and see a number written there.I don't know why, but I feel intrigued.

"Omg! Are those his numbers?" Lee asks me getting out of her chair.

"Calm your tits woman, I'm not going to use them." I tell her looking at Kat serving other tables.

"Why the hell not?" They ask making me roll me eyes.

"I just got out of a relationship." I say looking at Kat.

"All I know is the best way to get over a man is to get on top of another." Kiki says taking a spoonful of ice cream making me laugh.

I don't know if it's her words or the dimpled guy ten feet from me, but I decide to text the number written on my ice cream cup.

Can one scoop of ice cream mend a broken heart?

Let's make it two scoops of cookie dough and see😉. Comes his reply.