♡ 00 ; park gunwook

*ੈ my love so young, i'm young 달콤한 나이
너만 바라볼 순 없어, na-na-na-na

park gunwook.

the boy she'd imagined falling in love with since she was just a little girl.

the boy she'd been in love with since she was just a little girl.

the boy who most definitely did not know this about her.

the boy who she was ninety nine percent sure was just an idiot who didn't understand social clues.

but she loved him even so.

aera looked to the boy beside her, time feeling as if it'd completely stopped around her as she watched him brush a stray piece of hair out of his eyes, before leaning back against the sofa to look back at her. 

"you know, my mum thinks i have a crush on you."

her eyes widened at the sudden remark. she tried to play it cool.

"crazy." she whispered below her breath.

"mhm," he responded, drawing away the final uno card of his stack, winning the game for himself. he turned over to her, tilting his head to the side as he examined her face, "you're really pretty."

she blinked hard, gulping as his face neared hers.

"thank you." her voice barely a soft whisper as that trademark grin she'd heard rumours about appeared on his lips, "gunwook?" 

"aera." he called out for her, barely even coherent to her as she felt her head begin to go blurry, "what if i said i was in love with you?"

she gulped as her eyes widened, hands falling back onto the plush of the sofa for something grounding. she didn't know how to respond to something so sudden. her soft, pinkening cheeks and her round, doe-like eyes providing gunwook with a simple symphony which he hadn't yet felt in all of his years of dating experience. how had he not seen something to perfectly pure, even though it was right before his eyes this entire time?

"can i kiss you?" his voice smoother than honey as it rung in her ears.

was this all of her dreams coming true? maybe the heavens were finally providing aera with some sympathy after all of these years of standing on the sidelines and pretending to be happy for her best friend, as she watched the one she wanted most date and love other girls who most certainly weren't her.

since the night the two shared their kiss, aera couldn't sleep from the euphoria of this unexpected epiphany.

she prayed that this same sympathy she was being given would last.

but with aera's luck, who knew what could happen?

xuna speaking !

why hello there

it is i, your worst nightmare, back again and this time to stay (i think) >:D

first of all i am SO SORRY for my absence on here

HAHA good ol xuna here was going through something called a lack of motivation 

BUT I AM HERE AND HOPEFULLY  I WILL NOT FEEL THE NEED TO FORGET ABOUT THIS BOOK THE SAME WAY I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR LIKE FOREVER

i will be coming back to my other books too ! this is just a book im writing to get myself back into the flow of writing on here bc i may or may not have completely forgotten how to write (which is the main reason as to why the prologue you just read is not the best . . . i apologise babes)

ANYWAYS i hope you enjoyed this as much as i enjoyed writing this <3 hopefully i have not lost every single one of my readers in the midst of my absence LMFAO

byebye love u guys 

- xuuunana, 16/06/23