♡ 07 ; sassy cat

*ੈ 나빠도 괜찮아, do it just for me
잘 들어둬, you gotta know that

yujin sighed and quickly rose to his feet, turning back to the others who looked up at him curiously in response to the sudden movement, after being sat in one place for so long.

"bathroom." he muttered softly to them, before turning around on the heel of his sneaker and walking down the cluttered hallway.

she had to be around here somewhere. there wasn't a lot of ground she could cover in her clumsy heels and wobbling legs. he was thorough with his search. checking every nook and cranny for a sign of a wasted, wandering aera. 

he stopped when he reached the end of the hall, ready to turn around and find another place to search, until he heard the diluted sobs of aera's easily distinguishable voice. there was an open sliding door to his right, leading out to the balcony of the building. the cold wind came in howling wisps that drove past his skin as he stepped out cautiously, finding her sat on the ground with her back up against the railing curled into herself with her face in her knees.

yujin blinked with surprise. she was crying.

how could someone go from enjoying themself in one beat, to crying in the next? why was everyone in this lifetime so complex?

he inched closer to her, sitting down before her and looking at her with concern, "aera..?"

her voice caught in her throat as she looked up at him with wide eyes. there was eyeliner running down her cheeks and a lump in her throat as her lips quivered.

she got red so easily. her face was flushed, as she bit down on her bottom lip.

"are you okay?" he asked her, his voice gentle against the cool night air. she closed her eyes tightly, and then came the waterworks all over again as she burrowed her face in her palms.

"g-gunwook doesn't love me..." she cried into her hands.

impossible. there was no way on earth that gunwook could ever not love aera. yujin had seen them together. they were so chummy it was sickening. clearly she'd had too much to drink.

"i'm sure that's not true." he said softly, "he loves you a lot."

she sniffled, "h-he said..." her voice trailed off as she looked down.

"no, tell me." yujin whispered, "what did he say?"

"our first kiss was a joke." she mumbled through tears, "h-he said he just wanted action after he broke up with yuri last year."

...

yujin felt his hands clenching into tight fists. his knuckles went white. 

yuri was a sensitive topic for aera after... everything that happened in high school. gunwook knew that. 

how could he bring that up? did he not see what he had in front of him? how lucky he was?

yujin clenched his jaw, standing up, "come on. i'll drive you back."

she blinked through her flooding eyes, looking up at him, her eyebrows furrowed with confusion, "b-but... everyone else?"

"they can uber. it's fine." he muttered, reaching his hand out for aera to grab. 

she really slept like a rock when she was drunk.

yujin smirked softly at the sight before him, watching the way she cuddled up to princess, curled into a little ball with the kitten on the rug. her gentle snores filled the otherwise silent room as he quietly scrolled through his phone until he heard the sound of the front door unlocking.

gunwook came in ahead of the rest, knelt down before aera on the rug and looked down at her worriedly, before up at yujin, "she just suddenly felt sick?"

yujin looked at him with a narrow-eyed blank stare, answering coldly, "yeah. where's leeseo?"

"she's outside with leeseo. i'll carry her to the car, just-"

"i don't think you should do that."

gunwook paused, looking to yujin with furrowed brows, "what did you say?"

"you're drunk. if your head doesn't work right and you don't know how to talk, how could you possibly be able to carry her?"

gunwook gritted his teeth, "what's your issue?"

"i don't have an issue." yujin muttered simply, "am i not allowed to be concerned for my friend's safety?"

gunwook scoffed, "you've really got some nerve right now, y-"

"you should go to bed. i'll bring her to leeseo." yujin said, a fake smile plastered onto his lips.

"i'm not going any-" gunwook started, but stopped immediately when he saw aera begin to stir, her squinting eyes slowly opening as she looked up at him. a smile came to gunwook's face as he saw her, "you're awake."

she sat up, princess waking up from her catnap as well in the process. she looked up at gunwook blankly, before turning to yujin, "is leeseo here?"

gunwook's face fell.

had she just... ignored him?

he didn't think she had taken what he said that badly.

yujin's grin was small but smug and noticeable, as he nodded his head, "yeah, she's outside. come on." he said, standing to his feet, before helping her up.

and so the two of them stood up and left.

leaving gunwook alone. well, alone with the cat.

princess hissed at him through her sharp canine teeth, before turning around and striding away with her nose stuck in the air.

... now he was alone.